- Assigned to lead a sourcing wave team in conjunction with the category manager.
- Institutionalizing strategic sourcing principles within the category teams.
- Ensures that the 4-step procurement process is used to develop effective category strategies and achieve savings objectives (e.g., rigorous fact base development, market and supplier economics, TCO levers).
- Joint accountability for savings goals with the category manager.
- Structure ill-defined problems using intuition, creativity, and hypotheses and to use that structure to prioritize and drive end-results.
- Ability to draw insights from data quickly and to design analyses.
- Lead cross-functional teams in challenging situations and build consensus.
- Ensure category strategies encompass both price and non-price savings levers (e.g., design, utilization).
- Provide ongoing support ‘post-wave’ to ensure projected savings are fully captured.
- Coach, mentor and support the members of the wave teams.
- Bachelors DegreeRequired.
- MBA or advanced degreepreferred.
- 5+ years of experience within multiple functional areas.
- Previous exposure to purchasing process.
- Strong analytical skills (i.e., excel).
- Advanced strategic sourcing toolkit.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- World class supplier relationship skills.
- Intrinsically strong ability to problem solve in a creative and structured manner.
- Solves problems in a structured manner.
- Ambition to progress to senior leadership roles.
- Strong people leadership.
- Ability to influence and motivate others.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).