Your tasks and responsibilities
At Bayer, we have the passion, dedication and determination to develop innovative medicines that help improve outcomes for patients battling the toughest cancers. Over the past 15years, Bayer has built a multi-asset, multi-indication oncology franchise with five marketed products and a robust research portfolio. As a company, our number one priority is to make our innovative medicines available to patients worldwide who may benefit from these treatments.
Bayer has a strong presence in the prostate cancer community with Xofigo®, which is available in the U.S. for the treatment of advanced prostate cancer. Bayer Oncology has deep relationships with both Urology and Oncology specialties who treat advanced PC, including associations, GPO and HCPs. We are excited about the expansion of our Prostate Franchise with Darolutamide for nonmetastatic prostate cancer.
In this role, the Oncology Specialty Sales Consultant will target, sell, and promote Bayer Oncology products for the treatment of advanced PC to Oncologists and other specialized oncology medical or healthcare providers. S/he will play a critical role in exceeding expectations for the Prostate Franchise while successfully launching Darolutamide.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Oncology Specialty Sales Consultant - Prostate Franchise, are to:
- Demonstrate a mastery of product clinical efficacy, and articulate a strong value proposition for the customer;
- Target, develop, assess and maintain a thorough understanding of accounts and key customers while maintaining a high-level stakeholder position;
- Utilize strategic thought process in developing and maintaining key customer database;
- Demonstrate a mastery of key account management, best practices and selling skills development;
- Develop exceptionally well designed business plans aligned to brand strategic imperatives with resource allocations that link to strong business results;
- Demonstrate a mastery of knowledge and analysis of business, products, technical issues, and the changing market landscape;
- Be extremely patient focused with the ability to build and foster a strong positive relationship with the healthcare professionals and key opinion leaders who treat these patients;
- Exemplify strong collaboration and team work skills with internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrate an institutional sales approach;
- Develop a long term plan to activate an account via the various gatekeepers / influencers and opportunistically pull-through demand generation efforts with prescribers;
- Adhere to company and compliance guidelines, policy and procedures.
The Columbia territory includes the state of Missouri exclusive of Kansas City and St. Louis. Approximately 50% overnight travel can be anticipated.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree;
- At least five years of pharmaceutical, biotech, medical selling experience or equivalent oncology medical experience (MD, PA, NP, RN);
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record;
- Ability to travel as necessary or required, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong cross functional collaboration skills;
- Passionate and self-motivated individual.
- Oncology selling experience;
- Urology experience;
- Consultative selling experience;
- Experience in launching new products and/or indications;
- Academic institution or large Oncology account selling and relationships;
- Scientific background and understanding of clinical trial.