Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Oncology Specialty Consultant are to:
- Demonstrates a mastery of products' clinical efficacy, articulate a strong value proposition for the customer, and provide patient and reimbursement support, while meeting or exceeding their sales goals;
- Targets, develops, assesses and maintains a thorough understanding of key customers while maintaining a high level stakeholder position;
- Uses strategic thought process in developing and maintaining an active customer database;
- Demonstrates an in depth mastery of clinical and technical knowledge related to products promoted and disease state management;
- Mastery of key account management, best practices and sales development;
- Develops exceptionally well designed business plans with resource allocations that link to strong business results;
- Demonstrates a mastery of knowledge and analysis of business, products, technical issues and the marketplace;
- Extremely customer focused and able to build and foster strong positive relationships with key decision makers and opinion leaders;
- Exemplifies strong collaboration and team work skills with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proactively uses resources and shares best practices that lead to achieving or exceeding business goals;
- Adheres to company compliance guidelines, policy and procedures.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
Minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical, biotech, medical selling experience or oncology medical experience (nurse/doctor) equivalent required;
Excellent negotiation skills required;
Valid driver's license and clean driving record required;
Ability to travel as necessary or required, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel;
Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
BA/BS Degree in Biological Science or related discipline preferred;
Oncology selling experience strongly preferred;
Consultative selling experience preferred;
Scientific background and understanding of clinical trials preferred.