Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Oncology Specialty Consultant - Omaha, are to:
- Demonstrate a mastery of product clinical efficacy, and articulate a strong value proposition for the customer;
- Build awareness and differentiation of Vitrakvi (Larotrectinib) and Aliqopa (Copanlisib) through various promotional activities while ensuring positive first use experience collaborating with cross-functional partners;
- Learn and retain in depth mastery of clinical knowledge with the goal of educating healthcare professionals on the importance of diagnosing TRK fusion genomic mutations in across a variety of adult and solid tumors
- Master clinical and technical knowledge related to oncology diagnostic testing (e.g., immunohistochemistry (IHC) and next generation sequencing (NGS)) and how it fits in the treatment paradigm of TRK fusion tumors; and how they are used to screen for and ultimately identify patients with NTRK gene fusion positive patients
- Target, develop, assess and maintain a thorough understanding of accounts and key customers while maintaining a high-level stakeholder position;
- Utilize strategic thought process in developing and maintaining key customer database;
- Master key account management, best practices and selling skills development;
- Liaise with other Bayer personnel to provide patient and reimbursement support while exceeding sales goal;
- Develop exceptionally well-designed business plans aligned to brand strategic imperatives with resource allocations that link to strong business results;
- Demonstrate a mastery of knowledge and analysis of business, products, technical issues, and the changing market landscape;
- Be extremely patient focused with the ability to build and foster a strong positive relationship with the healthcare professionals and key opinion leaders that treat these patients;
- Exemplify strong collaboration and team work skills with internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrate an institutional sales approach, develop a long-term plan to activate an account via the various gatekeepers / influencers and opportunistically pull-through demand generation efforts with prescribers;
- Adhere to company and compliance guidelines, policy and procedures.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree;
- Five years of pharmaceutical, biotech, medical, dental or diagnostic selling experience;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Valid driver's license;
- Ability to travel as necessary or required, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong cross functional collaboration skills;
- Passionate and self-motivated individual.
- Oncology or rare disease selling experience;
- Experience in hematology oncology;
- Strong clinical expertise in various tumor types (niche tumors, CRC, lung, GIST, sarcoma);
- Ability to sell in pediatric and adult Oncology setting;
- Experience in launching new products and/or indications;
- Experience with selling a product in combination with a companion diagnostic and/or experience selling diagnostic or genomic testing;
- Academic institution or large Oncology account selling and relationships;
- Familiarity with Immunohistochemistry or next generation sequencing;
- Scientific background and understanding of clinical trials.
YOUR APPLICATION Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.