Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 168 days ago
Job Description The Oncology Representative/Specialist/Senior Specialist will be responsible for representing and promoting Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation as a leader in the Oncology community and marketplace.
• As one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world and a pioneer in Oncology, we are committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
• Incumbent will be required to: Promote a highly technical and innovative product portfolio to a sophisticated audience. The development of relationships and maintaining an active presence with the most productive doctors in the community and associated organizations will be essential elements of the position.
• Identification and development of thought-leaders and area speakers and conducting programs will also be important aspects of this role.
• Responsible for providing strategic input and the implementation of national/regional/area strategies and tactics. Promotional funds will need to be used judiciously to compliantly maximize sales and accomplish goals with the appropriate return on investment.
• Must act as a peer leader and resource to the “TEAM” to facilitate a coordinated Novartis effort within accounts.
• Personal integrity, compliance with Novartis values and behaviors and all compliance policies, teamwork abilities, and a customer focus are necessary.
• Ability to travel over a broad geography is required.
• This position requires the ability to drive within their assigned territory by automobile (and in some territories to travel by airplane).
Bachelor’s degree required English. OSR - minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical sales experience, 2 of which must be in Oncology, Urology, Institutional or Specialty sales. OSS - minimum of 7 years pharmaceutical sales experience, 4 of which must be in Oncology sales. Sr. OSS - minimum of 10 years pharmaceutical sales experience, 5 of which must be in Oncology, Urology, Institutional or Specialty sales. Candidate must be self-motivated, possess a high degree of technical expertise, have exceptional selling skills, and must be familiar with the Oncology community. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required. Personal integrity, teamwork abilities, and a customer focus are necessary. Must be able to organize and prioritize. iPad and Computer literacy (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a must.