Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Oncology Regional Sales Manager, are to:
- Build a new field sales team for a unique launch in the Oncology market place,
- Direct a field sales plan aligned with the brand strategy within the assigned sales regions to exceed stated sales goals,
- Coach, mentor and develop sales personnel to attain or exceed their sales territory goals,
- Conduct well planned inspirational sales meetings designed to convey product knowledge, selling skills, collaboration and teamwork,
- Utilize strong business acumen to analyze national, regional and territory data with the ability to ask appropriate business questions to extract insights in order to provide additional guidance and direction leading to opportunity,
- Evaluate sales results, taking action or making recommendations to enhance or correct behavior and/or performance,
- Work with human resources in establishing and maintaining an active recruiting program designed to fill vacancies quickly with qualified personnel,
- Facilitate interdisciplinary dialogue to activate diagnostic (Dx) testing and TRK fusion positive patient identification,
- Ensure sales consultants develop institutional sales plans to activate accounts regarding testing and then pull through demand generation across various stakeholders,
- Appropriately allocate regional sales budget and controlling expenses to align with business strategies and objectives,
- Routinely make field contact with regional sales consultants to ascertain skills, provide oral and written feedback on effectiveness and potential,
- Implement management development programs to provide succession planning candidates for future leadership positions,
- Process and manage real-time targeting data (alerts, Dx testing data, claims data) to prioritize accounts / HCPs for representative interaction,
- Serve as quarterback to compliantly manage patient identification and hand-off across various Bayer and Loxo colleagues (MSLs, Account Managers, Reps, Field Reimbursement Managers) and
- Ensure adherence to company compliance, policy and guidelines.
Major markets in this region include: Chicago and Bloomington, Illinois; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Gary, Indiana; Minneapolis and Rochester, Minnesota; and Omaha, Nebraska.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values (Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility, Efficiency). More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum five (5) years of pharmaceutical, biotech, medical, dental or diagnostic sales experience (in combination of sales training, sales operations, marketing, market access and/or sales) experiencepreferred
- Two (2) years of Oncology sales, rare disease or diagnostic sales management experiencepreferred
- Strong clinical expertise in various tumor types preferred (niche tumors, CRC, lung, GIST, sarcoma)
- Experience with companion diagnostic preferred
- Experience with leading teams in an alliance
- Experience motivating and incenting representatives in low patient volume and long selling cycle environments preferred
- Strongly demonstrated leadership capabilities required
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States
Location: MN-Minneapolis, WI-Milwaukee, MN-Rochester, IL-Chicago, NE-Omaha