Our client is a world leader with a rich history of innovation and leadership. Publicly traded on world stock exchanges and founded over 70 years ago, the Company offers products that address multiple therapeutic area including oncology, neurology, gastroenterology, metabolics, immunology and more.
TThe Regional Business Director leads and develops the sales force in a designated geographical region. Executes the Company?s business plan within the region to attain maximum sales while minimizing expenses. Ensures regional sales strategy and associated tactical programs recognize and support the achievement of desired corporate results.
- Develop and implement sales strategies and tactics for the region that are consistent with achieving regional and corporate sales goals. This includes examining results, providing direction and making necessary adjustments to achieve regional sales goals.
- Recruit, develop, train, coach, assess, motivate and retain regional talent to achieve sales goals. This includes coaching and performance evaluations for District Managers and ensuring that coaching and performance evaluations are effectively accomplished for all sales personnel within the region.
- Partner with relevant cross functional departments to provide market intelligence and contribute to development of appropriate business strategies that support brand(s) objectives. Departments include but not limited to Marketing, HR, Sales Training, Trade, Managed Markets, Sales Operations.
- Ensure individual and regional compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Regional budgets and expenses are managed within guidelines.
- Manages 6?10 District Managers, 50-60 sales representatives and a Regional Office Coordinator.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS - ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Bachelors Degree (BS/BA) required; advanced degree (MBA) preferred
* Minimum of 10+ years of pharmaceutical salesexperience with 5+years in oncology and oncology management role(s).
* Successful performance in a home office leadership role or similar strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to build successful teams through effective leadership.
* Demonstrated ability to coach advanced sales skills to specialized sales force.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid presentation skills.
* Strong oncology business acumen, including buy and bill experience with knowledge of specialty pharmacy and GPO distributionpreferred.
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong business relationships.
* Valid US driver?s license and a driving record in compliance with company standards.
* Must successfully complete all company training programs and pass the company certification process, as well as all customer mandated and vendor credentialing requirements.