Our client is a national network of oncology practices that delivers high-quality, high-touch care to help cancer patients achieve more breakthroughs and more victories in their fight against cancer. They are an independent, physician-led practice delivering leading-edge technology and treatment options and conducting innovative research. Founders of the practice pioneered community-based care to enable more cancer patients to receive high-quality care while staying close to the critical support of family and friends.
The practice has more than 150 sites of service throughout Texas, with more than 350 physicians dedicated to serving their patients. On average, they treat more than 50,000 new cancer patients each year, with documented growth year over year. They have pioneered the concept of community-based, outpatient, multidisciplinary cancer centers. This network of oncology practices gives local communities access to leading-edge technology that was previously only available in larger metropolitan areas.
The Nurse Practitioner/and or P.A. provides primary care in collaborative joint practice with the physicians to oncology patients. Scope of the responsibility includes expert practitioner, educator/teacher, care management, consultant, nurse researcher and nurse leader. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care for individual patients.-Initiates and documents appropriate interventions; evaluates and records patient/family response within practice protocol; prescribes drug therapies per protocol/physician consultation.
- Assists physicians and performs procedures as needed; conducts patient assessments and provides physician with information prior to seeing the patient
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides education.-Promotes wellness and recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Promotes/provides staff education.-Incorporates evidence-based research into clinical practice.
- Knowledgeable of reimbursement procedures and documentation requirements.-Completes patient charge tickets.
- Provides case management for oncology clients and their families.
- Serves as a resource person for the nursing staff by providing information being studied in clinical trials.-May supervise the activities of clinical nursing and support staff.
- May mentor new mid-level providers
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited program for nursing education and successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner program.
- Minimum of three years post MSN experience in oncology nursing. Experience and knowledge in the management of the physiologic and psychological effects of cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment.
- RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state. Current state certification of Nurse Practitioner.
- Current CPR certification required. AOCN certification preferred.