Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Oncology Nurse Educator - Prostate Franchise, are to:
- Primary focus on high priority customers in Area hospitals and large medical oncology and urology accounts;
- Contributes to strategic plan and implementation of Area growth strategy;
- Educates Sales Consultants and Regional Managers on emerging concepts in medical Oncology and Urology;
- Serves as disease and product expert to sales training.
Commercial Key Opinion Leader Development
- Builds productive work relationships externally;
- Cultivates strategic, long term, productive relationships with nurse KOLs and mid-level practitioners within the medical oncology and urology communities;
- Develops strategies and pull through educational opportunities for targeted hospitals and large accounts;
- Exhibits strong communication skills and persuasive abilities.
External Business Liaison
- Serves as a liaison, educator, and promotional conduit to medical Oncology and Urology Health Care Professionals;
- Educates, persuades, and articulates favorable position for Bayer Oncology product portfolio;
- Takes lead on project initiatives;
- Exhibits strong problem solving skills;
- Provides KOL feedback to Bayer internal partners.
Business Results Orientation
- Disseminates approved product education and communicates favorable positioning for Bayer Oncology products;
- Acts as key contributor to revenue generation;
- Exhibits strong persuasive communication and interpersonal skills; Possesses advanced clinical knowledge in medical Oncology and Urology;
- Articulates scientific concepts into a cohesive presentation to enhance sales;
- Displays self-starter mentality;
- Exhibits excellent presentation and platform skills;
- Demonstrates business acumen.
Coaching and Leadership
- Positions Bayer portfolio favorably;
- Develops and leverages customer partnerships as strong value proposition;
- Generates clinical conviction for oncology portfolio;
- Exhibits personal drive and passion for people and performance; Demonstrates accountability for actions and results;
- Portrays understanding of reimbursement, healthcare trends, and public policy.
- Exhibits deep knowledge of Oncology products and disease states;
- Educates HCPs regarding Oncology product and disease states;
- Serves as Bayer internal cross functional partner to Oncology Specialists and Regional Managers by providing product and technical support;
- Acts as a clinical resource to Oncology BU.
Value added to the success of the company – main objectives of the function
- Enhance value proposition to customers;
- Directly impacts new patient starts for Bayer Oncology Products and drives longer duration of therapy;
- Shares enhanced clinical knowledge via peer to peer support;
- Enhance relationships with key customers through supporting optimal patient outcomes and experiences.
The geography includes Florida and Georgia.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree with RN license;
- Ten or more year's clinical expertise in medical Oncology or Urology;
- Must be able to handle extensive travel requirements;
- Strong business acumen;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Advanced ability to think strategically;
- Collaborative leadership skills;
- Project management experience;
- Ability to work with teams.
- Prior sales experience in health care industry a plus but not required.