Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 119 days agoby Richard Snowden
Our client is a world leader with a rich history of innovation and leadership. Publicly traded on world stock exchanges and founded over 70 years ago, the company offers products that address multiple therapeutic area including oncology, neurology, gastroenterology, metabolics, immunology and more.
Oncology IDN/Health Systems Account Manager
The Integrated Customer Account Manager owns the relationships with the most important Oncology Integrated Customers and leverages these relationships to generate increased demand and access for Oncology products by targeting appropriate influencers and decision-makers within the integrated customer environment. Each Account Manager will have lead account responsibility for 6-9 high potential and strategic integrated customer accounts. Appreciating the expanse, level of integration and market position of each integrated customer, the ICAM will call on key decision makers across the account (S-suite, C-suite, Pathway and P&T committee members). The Integrated Customer Account Manager will coordinate all appropriate selling activities at these designated priority accounts for the Company's Oncology portfolio.
1. Develop and drive the relationship with target accounts, including establishing and maintaining positive relationships with key influencers and decision makers within the accounts, such as Key Opinion Leaders, Oncology department supervisors, and members of Medical Evaluation Committees to drive business for the Oncology Group.
• Build and manage account profile for each assigned account, detailing procedure for protocol development, pull-through targets for sales force, current placement of Company Oncology products on pathway and protocols, and identification of key influencers and protocol decision-makers.
• Assess current performance of Company products through reports and field insights from Sales Reps and specialists and synthesize into real-time account plan updates and strategy development that optimize product position and performance.
• Develop bi-annual account plans for assigned Integrated Customer accounts that align Company Oncology strategic goals with account-specific tactics to drive sales performance within the account and achieve placement of Company Oncology products on system protocols.
• Execute account plans and sales pull-through with local field teams, including Oncology Sales Rep, District Sales Manager, and various specialty roles. Facilitate bi-weekly meetings with local field team to sustain continued alignment on strategic priorities and tactics within these organized accounts where the Account Managers will own accountability.
• Employ in-person tactics to execute against account plans, including visiting accounts to promote sales efforts, manage contract strategy (where appropriate), and provide clinical, efficacy and safety information on Company Oncology brands to key treatment decision makers/executive teams within these high control accounts. Integrated Customer Account Managers will utilize resources such as FDAMA 114 material, contracts, and value and access resources, where appropriate.
• Support the launch of new products/indications by increasing awareness of the new product/indication, identifying competitor drugs currently in use and on formulary or protocol within the account, and determining potential access points for new product/indication on system protocols.
2. Evaluate unique needs of the Integrated Customer and work with Regional Business Leader and other corporate functions (e.g., Managed Markets, Trade Relations, Value Access, Contracting, Medical, HEOR, Marketing) to develop tactical strategies to support account needs and expand use of Company Oncology products.
3. Drive company-leased vehicle to meetings with health care providers and other appropriate stakeholders and partners. When necessary, travel overnight including within geography and to conferences, training and sales meetings.
4. Comply with all Company promotional and administrative policies and applicable law.
Bachelor's Degree; Advanced degreepreferred
• 5+ years oncology sales experience
• 2+ years hospital selling experience
• Successful performance in a home office role preferred (e.g., marketing, market access, training)
• Previous pharmaceutical management experience (direct or indirect leadership within hospital or oncology sales management preferred
• Experience with Integrated Customers and in-depth knowledge of how integrated health systems operate within current market – examples of these transferrable skills required
• Experience in B2B selling and relationship management at an executive-level
• Experience with contract management desired
• Strong understanding of ambulatory/clinic oncology delivery pertaining to infused and oral, specialty pharmacy distribution (SPP, in-office dispensing)
• Strong understanding of clinical, financial, environmental and operational stakeholders and drivers within highly integrated oncology delivery systems
• Strong understanding of pharmaceutical industry procedures and regulations
• Strong understanding of Oncology therapeutic area, trends, value frameworks, pay for performance initiatives, OCM, channel dynamics (340B, buy&bill, Government and commercial payer coverage)
• Strong business acumen related to innovative pharmaceutical account management
• Strong selling and negotiation skills
• Demonstrated ability to proactively identify issues impacting performance and develop solutions to overcome barriers for success
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to lead through others, matrix relationship management is required
• Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Must successfully complete all company training programs and pass the company certification process, as well as all customer mandated and vendor credentialing requirements.
• Valid US driver's license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
• Ability to safely and successfully operate a motor vehicle is required
• Travel will also be required at varying levels for this role