Your tasks and responsibilities
At Bayer, we have the passion; dedication and determination to develop innovative medicines that help improve outcomes for patients battling the toughest cancers. Over the past 15 years, Bayer has built a multi-asset, multi-indication oncology franchise with five marketed products and a robust research portfolio. Bayer’s number one priority is to make our innovative medicines available to patients worldwide who may benefit from these treatments.
In January of 2019, Bayer launched Vitrakvi putting us one-step further on the journey to becoming the premier genomic cancer testing organization. In findings first presented at the 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting and later confirmed by an independent review committee, Vitrakvi was associated with a 75% overall response rate in patients with a range of TRK fusion-positive solid tumors. Bayer continues to have deep relationships within the cancer treatment community, including associations, GPO and HCPs and we are extremely excited about the growth we are experiencing. Come join our team!
The primary responsibilities of this role, Oncology Diagnostic Account Manager (DxAM), are to:
- As part of a cross-functional VITRAKVI field team, the DxAM will be responsible for cultivating stakeholder relationships and developing account-specific plans to facilitate the uptake of high quality, comprehensive tumor biomarker/genomic testing that includes .TRK fusion;
- Master technical and market knowledge related to oncology diagnostic testing (e.g., immunohistochemistry (IHC) and next generation sequencing (NGS) and how it fits in the treatment paradigm of TRK fusion and other genomically defined tumors;
- Obtain and maintain full proficiency in identified tumor types, disease state, product and business knowledge to support the needs of accounts and the field team;
- Target, develop, assess and maintain a thorough understanding of accounts and key customers;
- Demonstrate knowledge of, access to, and the ability to influence all key stakeholders in targeted accounts (Pathologist, Oncologists, Executive Leadership, Lab personnel, etc.);
- Identify and communicate customer issues, educational opportunities, and market developments through supervisor and internal partners (sales consultants and regional sales manager that call on Oncologist);
- Develop exceptionally well-designed business plans aligned to diagnostic strategic imperatives with resource allocations that link to strong results;
- Demonstrate a mastery of knowledge and analysis of the oncology diagnostics business and the evolving market landscape;
- Provide (non-patient specific) education & support around coverage, coding and claims administration for oncology diagnostics;
- Institutional account management approach: develop a long-term plan to activate an account (i.e. get buy in for and enable uptake of biomarker/genomic testing that includes TRK fusion) via the various gatekeepers / influencers;
- Liaise with cross-functional field team members as appropriate to support the establishment of oncology diagnostic testing protocols within accounts;
- Attend identified relevant national/regional/local education meetings and conferences, maximizing opportunities at these events;
- Develop and implement educational speaker programs for the pathology/lab audience;
- Facilitate customer hand-off opportunities with cross-functional field team, as well as with external (third-party lab and/or IVD company) parties, as appropriate;
- Utilize data analytics and tracking tools to effectively monitor and direct customer activities.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
Qualification & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline or related field required; advanced degree strongly preferred;
- Strong technical background in molecular biology, genomics, next generation sequencing, Immunohistochemistry or immunology a plus;
- 5+ years of successful sales or account management experience in oncology/hematology, biotech, life science or diagnostic sales;
- Proven relationships with pathologist and/or oncologists;
- Well-developed professional and strategic selling skills with a proven ability to grow key accounts by building and leveraging networks inside and outside of key institutions;
- Strategic account management experience, including developing & implementing attainable account-specific business plans;
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work independently and as a cross-functional team member of VITRAKVI Oncology field team;
- Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Must possess strong analytical, negotiation and customer relations skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and applications;
- Experience with effective utilization of Veeva or similar CRMdatabase a plus;
- Travel: This is a field based role and will require 70-80% US travel, primarily within assigned region but also nationally as required.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.