The Oncology Clinical Nurse Educator (OCNE) will cover GA, AL, MS, SC states and will interact with Allied Health Customers (PA, NP, Nurses, Pharmacists, Techs, support staff) in key targeted accounts and provides clinical in-services/educational presentations. The ONE’s primary focus is to expand Polycythemia Vera (PV) and Myelofibrosis Disease state Awareness and Patient Identification through these interactions. The ONE works closely with other regional commercial field colleagues.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Provide relevant disease state education to Allied Health customers.
- Educate Allied Health customers on appropriate patient identification and role for Jakafi in the treatment of PV and MF.
- Identify key individuals in targeted accounts.
- Evaluate customer’s relevant educational needs.
- Provide support for Patient Advocacy groups and meetings.
- Attend and support relevant medical and nursing conferences and meetings (national/regional/local).
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing (*consideration may be given to other Allied Health professionals – Physician Assistants with recent MPN/Hem clinical specialty experience).
- 5+ year’s clinical oncology/hematology experience.
- Current active nursing license (*consideration may be given with current, active PA license).
- Ability to travel regionally & overnight at least 50%.
- Ability to work nights & weekends as needed.
- Oncology/hematology experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Disease state and product- related educator experience.
- Experience and relationships with health care providers within assigned region.
- Experience in academic or community practice working with Hem/MPN patients.