The Oncology Account Specialist builds and maintains strong professional relationships with Hem/Oncs in private practice, medical group practices, hospitals/academic medical centers, office and ancillary staff involved in the care of cancer patients.
The Oncology Account Specialist is a clinical and business leader who represents the values of Ipsen by providing approved, disease and product information and resources to key decision makers and stakeholders within their assigned territory
• Effectively support Ipsen’s Oncology portfolio in the U.S. marketplace
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned sales goals for the territory by effectively positioning the benefits and use of Ipsen’s products for appropriate patients
• Develops and implements robust territory business plans centered on performance; meet or exceed territory productivity requirements
• Develops strong and long-term relationships with customers in all assigned accounts
• Represent Ipsen’s brands in a professional, compliant, ethical and effective manner
• Demonstrates thorough understanding of disease states, Ipsen’s brands and relevant competitor products
• Demonstrates a high proficiency of the broader reimbursement environment; possesses a deep understanding of the reimbursement and fulfillment pathways for injectable medications
• Demonstrates highly effective territory management and superior selling competencies
• Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishments of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience and information
• Effective management of territory resources and budget
• Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Ipsen U.S. staff
Skills & Requirements
Reporting Relationships/Significant Contacts
· Relationships w/Key Oncologists, Hospitals, Healthcare institutions
· Industry Experts, Consultants etc.
· Internal – business partners in HQ Sales & Marketing; Sales training; Value and Access
· Product Knowledge
· Customer Orientation
· Selling & Presentation
· Communication, Verbal & Written
· Planning & Follow-thru
Experience and Education (minimums)
- Minimum of BS/BA Degree in any area/discipline
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated success in the Oncology marketplace
- Oncology launch experience
- Demonstrated strong capability in account management, superior selling competencies and proven sales performance track record of meeting or exceeding goals
- Demonstrated strong business analytics to understand and analyze business and market drivers, and develop, execute and adjust territory business plans
- Demonstrated skills at building and maintaining professional relationships with key customers, office staff and others in the customer influence network
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in matrix teams
- Demonstrated track record of developing self to drive and enhance performance
- Must be proficient in the following applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
- Must be flexible, able to manage multiple tasks, and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, internal and external contacts at all levels
· Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills a must
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
· Written: excellent
· Verbal: excellent
· Interpersonal: excellent
· Closing Sales Conversations
Essential Functions – Physical Position Requirements: Machines and/or Equipment Used
· PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, fax machine, etc.)
· Regularly required to stand and walk.
· Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
· Driving Ability
· Occasionally required to lift less than 25 pounds
· Works independently in the Field of major geographic areas across the Country
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principles functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance workload.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any othercategory protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. conducts background screening, reference checks, and drug testing as part of its pre-employment screening process. This description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements for the position. This position may change or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.