Summary: The Oncology Account Manager (OAM) is responsible and accountable for the achievement of sales goals and/or market share targets in their assigned territory via the development, maintenance, and enhancements of key customer relationships, while adhering to all regulatory/ promotional guidelines. These customers include oncologists, hematologists, radiation oncologists, oncology nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy and therapeutics groups, tumor boards, teaching institutions, oncology patient organizations, hospitals and formulary committees.
- Effectively communicate appropriate technical, therapeutic, disease state, and product information to customers in order to successfully promote the appropriate on-label use (s) of approved product (s) within the territory
- Utilize effective selling techniques and marketing strategies to create and expand demand for any/all promoted brand (s) for which you are responsible
- Develop and coordinate physician advocates for promoted oncology product (s)
- Arrange and coordinate effective promotional programs within all promotional and regulatory guidelines
- Conduct essential field activities including but not limited to lunch-and-learns, customer in-services, and attend tumor boards
- Work as a resource for various oncology organizations, teaching institutions, physicians, oncology nurses, pharmacy directors, therapeutic groups, etc.
- Communicate regularly with his/her Team, Regional Sales Director, Peers, Account Managers, Internal/External Partners and Clients in order to optimize resources and exceed customer expectations
- Comply with all OIG, Pharma, and Corporate Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Complete expense reports and otherrequired administrative reports in an accurate and timely fashion
- Attend training programs, conventions, and symposia
- Complete and maintain a territory analysis and business plan. Present to management as needed
- Focus on the end results of the sales process, demonstrating personal accountability, a sense of urgency and commitment to achieve business objectives
- Effectively manage a territory to achieve sales targets and stay within all approved budgets
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 or more current years of Biotech/Pharmaceutical salesexperience
- Minimum of 3 or more current years selling in the Oncology therapeutic market, where key customer relationships are in place for the geography to be covered
- Strong track record of successfully hitting/exceeding sales targets, including demonstrated success of selling in a territory where there was zero/limited impact from a co-promotion or POD selling environment
- Ability to think, plan, and act strategically, while applying tactics to support the strategy
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- In depth product and territory knowledge within the Oncology therapeutic marketplace
- Ability to travel overnight for territory coverage (if applicable) and/or for company meetings
- Demonstrated ability/positive track record of working cross-functionally to achieve success including but not limited to marketing and strategic business services
- Must be available to work in the evenings and weekends, as required.
- Position will range from 35 to 50% travel
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer, we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color. Religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.