The Onboarding Product Manager is responsible for helping support, enhance, streamline and otherwise improve all aspects of how historically converted client data impacts the overall product offering for Orion Advisor Services, LLC.
This role will work directly with the Orion Onboarding team, reconciliation groups, SME teams, the Orion client base, Sales, and Orion development team to improve Orion’s historical conversion offering. The focus of this role is forward thinking development, design, and implementation of programming elements that enhance the Orion user experience with their historical data.
What does this role do?
- Submits projects for the enhancement and development of Orion Connect
- Tests new application functionality and development once available
- Responsible for training Orion employees and Orion clients on new functionality
- Creates outlines and executes project plans for new features
- Strategically plans development road map for Onboarding team and works closely with application teams to prioritize development projects to be programmed
- Conducts reoccurring meetings with Onboarding service managers and historical recon manager to determine training, adoption, and development needs
- Verifies the Orion historical analyst team is current with all recon methods, functionality, development and features
- Works with Orion service, data, and SME teams to verify they have an understanding of Orion’s historical conversions capabilities
- Works with clients of Orion to verify they understand our capabilities, adopt our technology and reviews process and procedures
- Advises and occasionally assists historical recon team with completion of complex issues & projects
- Joins conference calls with Onboarding service teams and new clients to train onboarding clients on the Orion conversion capabilities
- Assists the sales and business development team with prospects; this may include demonstrations on Orion’s historical data capabilities
- Accurately explains and sets expectations with prospects/new clients as it would pertain to Orion’s historical conversion offering
PROCESS AND PROCEDURES
- Develops written processes for the Onboarding team
- Develops new and more effective procedures and tools for the historical recon team
- Works with the Orion Service team on updating existing processes to provide scale and better communication
Who else do you get to work with?
- Regular contact with development teams and programmers to collaborate on projects and new development
- Regular contact with operations departments and recon team to provide comprehensive, in-depth consulting, and assistance
- Regular contact with OAS clients to answer questions, solicit feedback, and provide assistance for maintaining their data
- Frequent contact with Service Group and various other departments regarding clarifications on questions, troubleshooting, etc.
- Required to sit in on conference calls with clients
- Perform demonstrations to existing clients and/or prospects either by on-line webinars, tech labs, or home office visits
- Frequent contact with data vendors while fostering a positive relationship, seeking improvements, etc. Also, may be required to seek out new vendor/provider relationships and vet suitability of new providers
What should I already know?
- Knowledge of the Orion system preferred
- Knowledge of SQL and database structures
- Knowledge of historical data conversion systems and providers
What education and experience is needed?
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field required
- Minimum of 3 years of financial data analysis or multiple operations team experience required with at least 1 year of experience with OAS required
- Experience working within Financial Services industry preferred