- To Plan, organize, direct, and control the execution of Company and supplier programs through the assigned Sales Representatives to achieve optimum gross profit, optimum sales volume, and ensure effective presentation of supplier brands to our customers.
- To ensure the proper training of Sales Representatives while communicating effectively to Management.
- The essential functions of this position includes, but are not limited to: Plan their own time and activities as well as those of the assigned Sales Representatives to ensure the continuing achievement of Company and supplier sales and merchandising objectives.
- Develop monthly programs to attain Company and supplier goals to include volume, profit, distribution, merchandising, and promotional activity.
- Know and analyze supplier brands, assigned supervisory area, specifically:
- The brand, type, and size beverage alcohol sales trends.
- The sales organization management, selling, and merchandising capabilities of Southern GlazersWine & Spirits vs. competitive wholesalers.
- The essential retail and on-premise accounts, buyers, purchasing, and promotional practices and procedures.
- The sales volume, distribution, display, promotional activity, and shelf/cold box conditions for supplier brands vs. competition with in the assigned supervisory area.
- Set with each Field Sales Manager specific, measurable, and achievable volume, distribution, promotion, and objectives compatible with the Company and supplier priorities.
- Establish training objectives on a semiannual basis for each Field Sales Manager and Sales Representative.
- Organize the structure and utilization of Field Sales Managers and Sales Representatives in assigned areas and ensure that all positions and territories are appropriately staffed to achieve Company and supplier objectives.
- Ensure that the structure of all sales territories provides the account coverage and service frequency levels consistent with actual potential sales volume and reasonable customer requirements.
- Use assigned personnel to specific and Sales representatives territories, to gain optimum utilization of individual capabilities and best serve customer needs.
- Keep approved positions staffed with qualified management and sales personnel who meet the hiring criteria for Southern Wine & Spirits.
- Skillfully direct assigned Sales Representatives through appropriate training, communication, motivation, and evaluation as necessary to ensure the achievement of Company and supplier objectives.
- Train Sales Representatives so that each individual assigned has both the knowledge and skills to fulfill job responsibilities and achieve Company and supplier objectives.
- Work with Sales Representative to establish sales programs and strategies to accomplish Company and supplier objectives.
- Provide the leadership, guidance, and support needed to attain the commitment and motivation of assigned Sales Representatives to achieve Company and supplier objectives.
- Perform the tasks necessary to achieve the objectives established for assigned key accounts.
- Conduct sales meetings as needed to communicate objectives, programs, strategies, policies, and procedures to Sales Representatives.
- Prepare and conduct annual performance evaluations for Sales Representatives.
- Maintain and developing positive supplier relations.
- Take the necessary actions to ensure the Sales Management team sales results conform to established Company and supplier plans.
- Measure through reports, field work-withs, and account audit results vs. objectives during implementation of programs to ensure overall success.
- Evaluate the cause of sales and merchandising problems.
- Correct Sales Representatives performance deficiencies through specific selling, training, and motivating actions.
- Ensure that selling expenses are kept at or below projection levels.
- Maintain acceptable gross profit level.
- Serve as an information resource for, and conduit between, the field and management.
- Provide management with specific, current information on supplier, market problems, and sales results.
- Formulate recommendations that will strengthen the sales results for supplier brands.
- Submit requiredreports promptly and accurately as directed by management.
- Ability to lift up to fifteen (15) pounds.
- Management retains the discretion to add, change, or assign other work-related duties or responsibilities of this position at any time.
- It is a qualification standard of the company that an employee not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of themselves or others in the workplace.
- Bachelor's degreepreferred.
- Three or more years of Sales Management experiencepreferred.
- Basic Computer skills required.
Primary Location:United States-Florida-Tampa