ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Works with both broker personnel (i.e., Reps, DMs, AMs) as well as alone, in accounts to drive increased availability of Gallo Spirit brands in both the on premise and retail channel.
- Strategically plans time each month to maximize sales and grow distribution of Gallo brands (i.e., all brokers, reps, brands, accounts, etc. are not treated equally).
- Makes choice-ful decisions when working with broker personnel. Recognizes opportunities and re-allocates time strategically toward highest opportunity, pivoting between motivating, training, supporting close of sales gaps, etc. as appropriate, based on business performance, time of the month, opportunities in the account and needs of the rep.
- Directly monitors and ensures achievement of performance goals and objectives.
- Trains and coaches broker sales representatives and district managers in relevant on-premise and/or retail divisions.
- Marketing intelligence gathering: Reviews market, product performance, and other sales related data. Identifies and shares with management market, competitive and brand opportunities to further Gallo sales, such as pricing opportunities or issues vs. competitors.
- Assists Business Development Manager in ensuring retail and on-premise prices are consistent with state brand guidance.
- Motivates broker management and sales people (Kick offs, new program introductions, and crew drives) to maximize the sale and distribution of Gallo brands.
- Coordinates with the local Shopper Marketing team to ensure relevant materials are available to activate locally in market.
- Reinforces periodic local/regional communication on Gallo standards.
- Coordinates activities with other winery support areas within the market (customer development, channel marketing, shopper marketing, sales finance, direct to consumer, specialists, etc.).
- Demonstrates innovation and entrepreneurial mindset –adopt change and act in future-focused way.
- Engage accounts and broker personnel to ensure all e-Retail opportunities in marketplace are maximized where applicable.
- Supports commercialization of digital marketing programs.
- Leverages technology (e.g., Account 360) and digital assets in order to monitor performance, identify opportunities, direct the action of broker personnel, make decisions, identify exceptions, etc.
- Supports sales specialists and cross functional partners with identification and activation of consumer engagement initiatives and event execution
- Makes sound business decisions and optimizes resource allocation based on business trends, data, growth opportunities, etc.
- Acts as a Gallo Ambassador, advocating for our brands, including hosting events, leveraging social media and other tools to promote for Gallo sales within his/her community.
- Develops positive working relationships with all levels of accounts, distributor management and broker personnel.
- Controls and monitors business expenses (meals, transportation, lodging, etc.).
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment-based visas for this position now or in the future. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of Gallo winery or distributor sales reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of CPG sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 6 years of Gallo winery or distributor sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to obtain liquor license as required by state/locality.
- Required to be 21 years of age or older.
- Required to travel by air and automobile up to 50% during the course of business
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership selling, time management, public speaking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of Gallo Winery or distributor sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience selling or marketing Gallo brands.
- Experience selling spirits or wine in the on-premise channel.
- Experience selling spirits or wine in a Control State environment.