The On-line/Alternate Channel Business Developer will be responsible for growing new and existing On-Line/Alternate
Channel accounts in revenue, customer satisfaction and customer retention. In addition, this position will be responsible
for coordinating and developing the BU on-line strategy and tools for growth in this developing market. This position will
report directly to the Channel Marketing Manager for Control Products (CP) business unit.
• Identify, develop and manage On-line/Alternate Channel accounts to achieve sales goals. In addition, coordinate and
develop on-line strategy, tools and resources to achieve sales growth goals of the DF CP BU in this emerging market
• Provide management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels with On-line/Alternate
Channel accounts and markets
• Utilize knowledge of market conditions, competitive strategies and processes to develop a unique value proposition and
tools to position Siemens DF CP as the vendor of choice.
• Develop and deliver customer presentations that articulate the value proposition of DF CP
• Develop and grow the DF CP business within the assigned markets. To include but not be limited to, data organization/
improvement, sales promotions, and on-site work with specific On-line/Alternate Channel accounts.
• Utilize a disciplined sales process to include target account planning, accurate forecasting, opportunity and marketing
• Develop a sales plan that identifies and prioritizes opportunities to drive market share and revenue growth through all
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience
• up to 5 years experience in sales and marketing of (industrial/construction) products
• Strong track record of revenue growth in related positions within the industry
• Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer and business requirements, financials etc.
• Excellent track record of establishing strong customer relationships.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment, working with direct and matrixed resources to ensure customer
satisfaction and profitable growth
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Job Family Responsibilities:
Develops strategic business plans to support market share objectives. Develops advanced and leading-edge programs
for account development. Provides advanced and comprehensive technical application assistance in key sales
situations. Participates in and influences standards by participating in appropriate industry organizations. Drives business
development within assigned key accounts and/or markets. Guides operational units by providing marketing advice and
leadership to ensure overall market effectiveness.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex
assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of
specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes
to problem resolution of those issues. Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful
demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for
experience, where applicable.
Direction of Others:
Provides specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities
Requisition Number: 223322