Oliver Peoples was founded in 1987 with the opening of its first boutique and subsequent launch of the original collection. From the beginning, Oliver Peoples had a passion for superior product, a distinctive culture rooted in California, and an obsession with service. These core values have remained at the foundation of the brand and endure today.
A part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, Oliver Peoples strives to be the most prestigious and culturally distinctive eyewear company in the world.
We are committed to excellence in service; our stylists and opticians assist customers in selecting that perfect frame.
The Finance Manager is responsible for reporting monthly, quarterly and yearly results as well as developing forecasting and planning activities for the retail and wholesale divisions. Partners with cross functional brand partners to understand the financial impact of key projects and initiatives and overall business objectives.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of finance and controlling.
- Collaborate with department head to conduct analysis of revenue, credit, expenses and overhead.
- Manages the variance and mix analysis, forecast, and wholesale and retail P&L.
- Coordinates variance explanations and reviews for reasonableness.
- Coordinates monthly results analysis and maintains effective controls over brand P&L.
- Completes detailed review of actual results on a monthly basis including fully understanding drivers of results.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly financial packet for Brand leadership including deep insights on drivers of the business.
- Develops annual plan and quarterly forecast.
- Develops and/or reviews forecast for line items; ensures adequate action plans are in place to achieve forecast.
- Creates easy-to-understand KPI reporting or dashboards as well as provides actionable key insights to improve results.
- Participates in special projects and creates ad hoc analysis.
- Partners with Brand teams on various ad hoc projects.
- Provides daily support/direction to, and review of key work performed by Sr. Finance Analyst and interns.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years experience in Finance or Accounting
- Strong analytical, data mining and report creation ability
- Financial modeling development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Master's Degree
- Highly proficient in Essbase, Business Objects, Analyst/Inform, Excel
- Experience with Hyperion and SAP