Oliver Peoples was founded in 1987 with the opening of its first boutique and subsequent launch of the original collection. From the beginning, Oliver Peoples had a passion for superior product, a distinctive culture rooted in California, and an obsession with service. These core values have remained at the foundation of the brand and endure today.
A part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, Oliver Peoples strives to be the most prestigious and culturally distinctive eyewear company in the world.
We are committed to excellence in service; our stylists and opticians assist customers in selecting that perfect frame.
The Manager- Marketing (Social Media) develops, implements and drives social marketing strategies and initiatives, including planning and execution, to elevate the online social presence of the brand and help increase the overall value for the organization. This incumbent will be responsible for development of brand social campaigns to promote then engage audiences. This role will also work closely with the IT, Marketing, PR and design teams, as well as third-party agencies.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and manage social media strategies on a variety of platforms, using Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics, and more
- Create social media profiles, manage regular posts, respond to followers, and in some cases blog and/or commission written content
- Create strategies and content calendars that gain followers, generate user interaction, and create a positive image for the organization
- Adhere to the brand and consistent image of the organization
- Track and evaluate the success of each initiative with quantifiable data and metrics and adjust the strategy as needed
- Works alongside the PR and marketing team to support and maintain the website content and communications.
- Proactively recommends enhancements, upgrades and ways to streamline current processes.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments and trends in interactive marketing identifying opportunities that could be pursued based on business needs.
- Upholds brand standards and consistency across various member tools.
- Proactively identifies changes and issues, actively works to resolve, and communicates status to all impacted parties.
- Develops briefs, ensures internal alignment and monitors service providers to ensure deliverables meet branding standards, budget requirements and timing.
- Monitor all web activity and respond timely as required
- Create web content for new boards.
- Responsible for Company Facebook, Facebook Albums- including all photos and descriptions
- Responsible to maintain up to date Company posts, stories, groups, and brand page.
- Coordinate/handle open house invitations.
- Tagging website/key words to photos- make sure Keywords are added for all accounts.
- Coordinate all photography-take photos for all social media pages.
- Manages the social footprint of the North America retail boutiques.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, PR, Communications or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in social media management with focus in
- Clear understanding and point of view on content and brand voice and tone.
- Ability to effectively partner withinternal teams while managing complex cross-functional relationships in a rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Self-starter – can identify and pursue opportunities with little to no guidance from others
- Results oriented
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a strong team player in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel etc.).
- Personable, professional and positive problem solving and communication skills
- Experience with graphic design programs
- Photography skills
- Event coordination experience
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.