Olefins Process Engineer Houston, TX
The Global Projects & Engineering Group (GPE), Olefins Process Group, provides leadership and technical support to projects and operations for all of the Olefins and Hydrocarbons plants in North America and Europe. The Olefins Process Engineering position will provide technical support for the Olefins and hydrocarbons plants on a global basis. This person will also be the Global Process Owners for the Safety Relief System Network and owner of the Relief System Manual.
- Effectively communicate with Site Management, as well as Senior LYB Management, on capital projects, Technical Network and GES goals, and site technical opportunities
- Provide technical leadership on capital projects
- Provide leadership to the Safety Relief System Network
- Set Goals
- Drive execution of Goals
- Maintain the LYB Relief System manual
- LYB representative at annual API and DIERS meetings
- Develop a Relief System Excellence Model and make accessible through TKM
- Perform design calculations required to generate process data to check and validate equipment and system performance and provide support / leadership when improvements are needed
- Consult, assist, and/or lead as necessary on incident investigations, troubleshooting, and follow-up actions
- Effectively interface with groups across the company including site manufacturing and technical groups, other process engineering support groups, project engineering, and business and engineering management
- Effectively facilitate teamwork to obtain alignment of organizational goals and gain consensus and support from company personnel
- Mentor lessexperienced engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering required
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsiblechemical engineering experience within the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process industries. Olefins plant experience is a must.
- Knowledge and use of EG-4012 Relief System Manual and API Standard 520 and 521 are assets
- Proven Team leader
- Solid understanding of unit operations and process safety management systems.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and deliver complex technical reports and presentations.
- Proven ability to devise new approaches to problems encountered and to drive team consensus as part of the Management of Change process.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and lead technical service activities without supervision or review