Ready to put your design skills to work on marquee oik and gas projects that will change our industry? Would you enjoy working closely with other Piping Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design? Parsons is now hiring Senior Piping Designers for our rapidly expanding oil and gas projects located in Bakersfield. Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your piping design knowledge and technical skills will propel your career forward. We need our Piping Designers at this level to apply applying the more advanced CAD techniques, utilizing the Aveva software products and AutoCAD. In this role you will develop difficult and complex piping layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge, that they meet company and industry standards and codes. Responsibilities:
- Utilizes Aveva and AutoCAD to prepare difficult and complex piping layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge. Interprets and ensures conformance to applicable standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures. Understands and utilizes more advanced software to complete assignments.
- Works closely with Engineers and other disciplines to ensure coordinated design systems.
- Meets layout requirements and develops alternate design layouts of systems as required.
- Ensures compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications.
- Reviews supplier data and supplier/manufacturer drawings, as required.
- Checks orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) drawings prepared by others. Performs checking procedures as appropriate to the discipline and assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Assists in training lower-level Designers in various procedures.
- Performs otherresponsibilitiesassociated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 2-year technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred
- 10 + years of relevant experience
- Requirements include strong PC and CAD skills, as well as efficiency in utilizing computer software to complete design assignments.