Ready to be part of a team that tackles environmental challenges? Want to take your passion and skills to the next level to be a part of large projects that will make a huge impact on the community? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Oil Field Well Remediation / Reclamation Lead with a desire to work on remediation projects that change the urban fabric of our community. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunities for training and advancement. We are seeking team members that are versatile, enthusiastic, and team-oriented who have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills. In this team-oriented role, you’ll lead a variety of oil field well works remediation tasks including abandonment, cut and cap, backfill and reclaiming of production and injection wells for projects in the Northwest Territories. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement pre-design investigation programs.
- Develop remedial designs for production and injection well reclamations, including design drawings and technical specifications.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and provincial regulations.
- Supervise contractors, subcontractors and field personnel.
- Maintain inventory of abandoned well sites included in the remediation program.
- Complete construction field assignments.
- Attend meetings and develop meeting notes as well as assist in procuring and overseeing subcontractors.
- Provide oversight to activities in the office and in the field.
- Interacts with client, Aboriginals, and other stakeholders.
Implement behavior-based safety tools to strive for incident free operations (no personal injuries, property damage or environmental releases) for both the client and Parsons. Position may require either relocation to the project site or frequent / regular travel to the site. The successful candidate will have a combination of the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering; Master’s is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates that have their professional engineering designation.
- 10+ years of related work experience.
- Oil Field related experience related to oil and gas production facilities, former oil field sites, oil and gas well sites and pipelines. Technical expertise and effective management of salinity, metals and hydrocarbon impacts at oil and gas sites.
- Technical expertise relevant to environmental remediation of upstream oil and gas projects, environmental program planning, program implementation, regulatory approvals and closures.
- Strong attention to details and accuracy.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Holding current certificates for the following health and safety courses would be considered an asset:
- First Aid (Level 2 preferred)
- Ground Disturbance Level II
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) or Safety Construction Orientation System (SCOT) or Petroleum Safety Training (PST)
- NWT-approved Supervisor Awareness Training
- H2S Alive