$80K — $100K *
California Resources Corporation (OTC: CRCQQ) is a publicly traded oil and natural gas exploration and production company and the largest oil and natural gas producer in California. We operate our world-class resource base exclusively within the State of California, applying complementary and integrated infrastructure to gather, process and market our production. Using advanced technology, CRC’s workforce of more than 2,500 employees and contractors focuses on safely and responsibly supplying affordable energy for California by Californians.
The CRC Information Technology Team is seeking to fill a Systems Analyst position supporting our Geoscience and Operations applications out of our Long Beach, Santa Clarita, or Bakersfield, CA offices. This position reports to the Manager Oil and Gas Systems.
· Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of systems including:
o Maintenance (IBM Maximo, CREDO, PCMS)
o Drilling (Landmark OpenWells, Compass, WellPlan)
o Reservoir Simulation (TNavigator, CGM products)
o Misc engineering applications
· Troubleshoot incidents, document problems and resolutions, prioritize problems, and assess impact of issues.
o Works together with Service Desk who may escalate support issues.
o Uses ticketing system to manage incidents.
· Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
· Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
· Work closely with IT Infrastructure teams to ensure requirements are met for underlying databases, virtual servers, operating systems, storage, networks and other components that support the software applications.
· Research and evaluate new technologies as assigned.
· Consult with other technical and business teams to understand requirements or problems. Translates functional requirements into technical specifications.
· Analyze costs and benefits and provides reporting as required.
· Installs, configures, integrates and tests new systems as assigned.
· Adds new functionality to existing systems through updates, upgrades, or by driving utilization of features that are not currently used. Conduct regular reviews of systems and provide reports on improvement opportunities.
· Test systems to validate that functionality meets requirements and works as expected. Manages pre-production environments to accommodate various uses. Test application integrity and performance after routine maintenance and after unplanned outages.
· Train users to use systems and provides documentation for education or reference. Creates documentation where none exists.
· Manage accounts, credentials, and system permissions to ensure proper access and appropriate security for systems and data.
· Work closely with Cybersecurity team to assess and manage security for the systems and data.
· Tracks and applies software licenses, maintaining awareness of contractual renewals and working with management to communicate requirements and assist with commercial agreements as needed.
· Monitor performance of systems troubleshoot problems related to degradation, and propose solutions. Then works cross-functionally to implement, test, and promote fixes to production.
Valid through: 11/27/2020