The Technical Business Systems Analyst role will support our Risk and Corporate Applications Systems with responsibility for eliciting, understanding and documenting business needs to determine the most optimal solution as part of a Finance Transformation program where Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications suite (OFSAA) will be integrated into the business' processes. This individual will be an expert analytical resource focusing on highly visible, complex and critical business priorities. This position will establish and support plans for defining, delivering, enabling and supporting significant information technology components into the organization architecture.
- Serves as the highest level business analyst expert, lending financeexperience and providing leadership to complex projects across multiple business areas, multiple platforms and/or multiple locations.
- Work with business partners toward the successful implementation and adoption of OFSAA.
- Makes informed and independent technical contributions to defining business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects.
- Provide consulting for the practices and methods for defining detailed business requirements.
- Fully support a finance transformation program bringing financial expertise as well as OFSAA and financial management product experience to bear on the entire lifecycle.
- Define/review/validate high level business requirements prior to developing detailed business and functional requirements.
- Document and refine requirements to describe the business needs to a functional requirement level without presuming a technical solution. Requirements should be verifiable and testable once a solution is defined.
- Work in execution of product development across all teams as part of the development lifecycle.
- Develop or modify processes to resolve moderate to complex business issues.
- Work with Project and Release Management to sequence/coordinate development activities within software development environment methodologies
- Leverage understanding of high level system architecture/portfolio that supports the business process, and the key process areas supported by the IT systems to provide in-depth solution and problem solving.
- Operate at a high technical level for all phases of IT projects; ensuring broader business implications of proposed IT solutions are considered.
- Identify applicable technology alternatives to given business problems; reviews new products/services using pre-established evaluation criteria that include architecture standards and the standards to request proposals with outside firms.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience with Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications suite (OFSAA)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field
- Eight + years of professional IT experience with leadership in technical and business analysis.
- Financial Services / Insurance Industry experience highly desired.
- Enterprise Testing, Quality Standards, and software product knowledge including the Oracle Financial product set, i.e., Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications suite (OFSAA)
- End to end business analyst experience
- Strong SQL skills to query SQL databases, ability to read pseudo code.
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Mapping Documents, Source Data, etc..
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in data integration and data quality projects
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with Excel, Visio, Power Point, Word, and SharePoint
- Software development environment methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across diverse audiences (Functional communication to technical stakeholders, Technical communication to non-technical stakeholders)