Officer, Financial Management Application (PeopleSoft Application Lead)
The Pew Charitable Trusts is driven by the power of knowledge to solve today’s most challenging problems. Pew applies a rigorous, analytical approach to improve public policy, inform the public and invigorate civic life.
We are an independent nonprofit organization – the sole beneficiary of seven individual trusts established between 1948 and 1979 by two sons and two daughters of Sun Oil Company founder Joseph N. Pew and his wife, Mary Anderson Pew.
Our work lays the foundation for effective policy solutions by informing and engaging citizens, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause and insisting on tangible results. Our projects encourage efficient, responsive governments – at the local, state, national and international levels – serving the public interests.
With offices in Philadelphia, Washington, DC, Brussels and London and staff in other regions of the United States as well as Australia, Pew provides an exciting learning environment and the opportunity to work with highly talented individuals. We are a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization that values creativity and innovative thinking and fosters strong teamwork with mutual respect.
Overview of Information Technology:
Pew’s Information Technology department (IT) takes a proactive approach toward the use of technology to increase the organization’s capacity for exceptionally high-quality strategic philanthropy. Executive staff at the Trusts recognizes the importance of technology, and supports related initiatives to advance the institution’s goals and achieve and maintain a leadership position in the philanthropic community. As a result, IT is in a mode of continuous improvement, applying leading-edge technology to the pursuit of the goals of the institution.
The department comprises highly competent, forward-thinking professionals who are responsible for the technology needs of all Pew staff, as well as for Pew’s subsidiaries in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. IT is organized into distinct areas of responsibility, including application operations, infrastructure operations (including desktop support and technical training), project delivery and solution design.
The Officer, Financial Management Application is responsible for ensuring the successful operation and ongoing enhancement of the institution’s financial application, primarily Oracle PeopleSoft. To strengthen our growing team, we are looking for an experienced Financials subject matter expert to design, implement and deploy highly scalable Financial application solutions. As an integral member of the IT application operations team, this position will be responsible for developing and executing innovative solutions for business process optimization. You will possess outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrate yourself to be a great analytical thinker. You are team-oriented, and you thrive in a fast paced environment.
The Officer, Financial Management Application reports to the Manager, Financial Management Application.
- Provides subject matter expertise and delivery support for Financials application and related systems critical to the management of Pew’s financial function.
- Leads or facilitates sessions with business team to determine business requirements and desired functionality
- Design, implement and deploy Financials application solutions
- Provide leadership and guidance to develop scalable solutions
- Partner with internal IT teams, third party vendors to develop consistent solutions
- Work with other members of the IT Application Operations team for coordinated delivery
- Acts as primary point of business process and functional expertise related to finance and accounting. Participates in relevant business process mapping and provides guidance to the business regarding possible financial system solutions.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with Pew program and operations staff; works with them and Manger, Financial Systems to align unit strategy with institutional and programmatic goals
- Apply agile software development principles and appropriate metrics in managing Financials application, and customized development and guide teams to consistently deliver high quality working software
- Support ongoing development within an Agile, iterative development methodology and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8+ years’ experience with ERP financial system management and support with proven understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
- In depth knowledge of different Agile methodology experience; able to introduce different Agile concepts and principles to team members.
- Direct involvement in at least one full-lifecycle PeopleSoft Financials implementations
- Experience implementing and supporting some combination of the following modules of Financials: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, Billing, Expenses or Purchasing.
- Business process knowledge – business requirements including process modeling & mapping
- Demonstrated success in Financial operations or consulting role, working collaboratively with developers as an integral part of an agile team.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in an aggressive, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and complete benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
Job ID 2017-5210