Officer, Category Management & Strategic Sourcing Non - IT, Procurement Value Management
The Corporate Group is dedicated to being a trusted, strategic business partner to clients Bank wide. The Group delivers a broad range of innovative, impactful solutions that foster the Bank's ability to meet its mission. The Corporate Group is aligned across its functions to provide superior services and value-added resource and financial management that seamlessly support our clients' and the Bank's objectives.
Procurement Value Management within the Corporate Group supports the Bank’s efforts in the areas of sourcing and category management, operations and vendor management.
The Non-IT Category and Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for providing strategic management, oversight, and leadership to the Non-IT Category Management and Strategic Sourcing Team. The Non-IT Category and Strategic Sourcing Manager manages a portfolio of all non-technology-related spend categories and business relationships, and leads a team that is responsible for developing, implementing, and continuously improving strategic sourcing strategies for non-technology-related spend areas, such as real estate, professional services, and any other non-IT spending that maximize value and minimize risk for the Bank.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Oversee/lead the design of non-IT category strategy to:
- Optimize the Total Cost of Ownership of non-IT goods and services
- Leverage existing and potential vendor relationships to maximize value delivered to the client departments and the Bank
- Institutionalize consistent approach to and understanding of category management design, implementation, and performance measurement, including creation of Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”). Apply industry expertise and best practices in the design and implementation of category strategies.
- Ensure established category strategies are aligned with and support the overall business goals and needs of client departments and the Bank.
- Design roadmap that forecasts and prioritizes strategic sourcing project demand based on collected business intelligence, data analysis, and industry insights.
- Provide hands-on coaching and leadership, effectively guiding his/her staff toward meeting business objectives and achieving stretch goals and assignments.
Manage full life-cycle sourcing activities for complex or high risk strategic sourcing projects, from partnering with Subject Matter Expert (SME) teams, to defining scope and identifying requirements, to conducting competitive bidding (RFx) initiatives, to vendor evaluation and negotiation of pricing and contract terms.
Ensure that supplier diversity considerations are involved in category and sourcing strategies and sourcing project planning and implementation. Measure performance against established supplier diversity-related metrics.
- Promote and enable compliance with Bank policies.
- Hire, develop, manage, and coach employees.
- Participate in Bank and System initiatives and projects.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in leading strategic sourcing teams and designing and managing category strategies.
- Broad and deep expertise in non-IT strategic sourcing and category management best practices.
- Strong knowledge of sourcing activities including RFP development, bid response evaluation, and contract negotiations.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage, develop, and motivate staff.
- Ability to think strategically and to foster and drive continuous improvement.
- Strong business acumen with positive, solution-oriented approach.
- Sharp communication skills, especially communications to senior levels of management; ability to formulate clear and powerful messages and communicate these messages adjusting delivery approach based on the audience.
- Effective integrator, collaborator, and influencer.
- Ability to build and maintain strong partnerships and to work across organizational lines to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a management team and foster a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field required.
- MBA in Finance or related field or related graduate degree (including law) a plus.
- C.P.M., CPSM or equivalent professional certification a plus.