The Office Services/Facilities Manager must have a strong work ethic, be proactive and a highly motivated, self-managing individual that values working as part of a team for our San Jose, CA office. The Office Services/Facilities Manager will be leading facilities, maintenance, and security while assisting in strategic facility planning to support the company. This includes being responsible for environmental programs & ISO 14001 certification. The candidate will be the company liaison to Japan environmental counterparts. Other responsibilities include managing operations effectively to minimize disruption to business.
- Act as Environmental expert on current and future laws & regulations for the work environment. Provide programs to support environmental initiatives and explanations of performance to Management and Environment counterparts in US and Japan.
- Working with the internal customer and Japan Environmental group to develop joint qualification plans determine required scope and develop schedules to meet the targets identified.
- Facilities management responsible for out sourced staffing and business operations of San Jose facilities including safety, security programs, data center, cabling, telecommunication and supplemental power systems.
- Develop presentations, training materials and training to internal customers and Toshiba company committees.
- Accountable for operational expense and capital budgets planning and execution.
- Lead and manage relationships to ensure all maintenance, repair, and service tasks are performed effectively and efficiently and in a manner to meet all deadlines.
- Manage and maintain maintenance and service records.
- Ability to communicate with impact and clarity at multiple levels, including upper management.
- Communicate daily with management teams and hourly personnel regarding sanitation problems and provide recommendations to improve issues.
- Maintains reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies.
- Oversee the development and implementation of a detailed safety program and ensure the safety committee develops and implements scheduled safety trainings, compliance auditing, and other safety measures.
- Oversee the development and implementation of emergency preparedness for the facility.
- Act as a liaison between internal teams including San Jose site sub tenants in addition to leading the day-today operations of facilities, maintenance sanitation and security.
- Establish a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for excellence through effective management, leadership models and techniques
- Project Management activities by Team or Lead assignment
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Facilities Management Certification, ISO 14001 Environmental Certification and auditexperience, Asset Protection & Project Management Certification
- Minimum of 10 years of directly applicable experience in Facilities and Environmental Management Programs within an Engineering and Corporate office environment. Including Safety and Security program enforcement. Data Center and Telecommunication systems operations. UPS & Generator power systems.
- Ability to determine and direct Environmental programs for compliance to laws & regulations and parent company requirements as well as to present them to executive, employee and business teams.
- Demonstrates a pragmatic approach in addressing issues and influencing the outcome with internal customers, external resources and counterparts in Japan.
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects while maintaining strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong working proficiency with typical equipment of the trade such as Building & Energy Management systems, Waste Management, Office Equipment, others.
- Strong working proficiency with MS Windows based OS’s, Oracle.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Minimum of six years of related experience and/or training. Bachelor's degreepreferred with focus on business, technical or management areas. Prior Supervisory experiencerequired.