About UsOne Medical is a unique primary care group delivering the highest-quality care and service available, and offering providers deeply gratifying and sustainable careers with myriad opportunities for professional enrichment. We're fiercely independent of massive healthcare institutions, seeing fewer patients each day and spending more time investing in longitudinal relationships and thoughtful decision-making. Through advanced technology and a team-basedapproach, we care for patients around-the-clock without requiring providers to take call. We're a proudly diverse crew united by humanism, intellectual curiosity, and a powerful mission: redesigning healthcare and bringing world-class primary care to everyone.
The OpportunityReporting to the District Medical Director, the Office Medical Director will manage a team of providers, serving as a role model for clinical excellence, demonstrating a sustainable practice, and exemplifying the One Medical mission & culture. In this role, you will ensure that your office's clinical team members meet the One Medical standards of human-centered patient care, while simultaneously guiding and supporting providers' professional development. In partnering with theOffice Manager, you will collaborate to create a successful clinical practice, as well as foster a vibrant office culture.
In addition to managing your own patient panel, you will successfully manage communications between your Phoenix office and other district, regional, and central teams; essentially serving as a One Medical representative to the local community. As professional mentor and clinical leader, you will be available to your team throughout the week, with the flexibility to do leadership workwhen and where needed, allowing you to excel within this role.
- Responsibilities: Cultivate a strong, engaged, and empowered team
- Maintain and foster clinical excellence
- Provide ongoing feedback on the design and management of key operational drivers that make our practice work, including workflow, resource, and performance management
- Collaborate with other district medical directors, departments, and local partners to continuously innovate and improve
- Partner with the recruiting team to interview, hire, and onboard new providers
- Cultivate an environment that continues to make One Medical an amazing place to work
- Employment type:Full time (40 hours a week)
- You'll be set up for success if you have:5+ years Primary Care experience (required)
- 2+ years clinical management in a Primary Care setting (required)
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- An interest in using technology to deliver high quality, evidence-based primary care
- The desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team of clinicians dedicated tochanging health care delivery
- Model the traits, knowledge and skills of a stand-out provider: excellent patient care, and focus on helping other providers excel
- Ability to inspire and lead, experience in coaching/teaching
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and innovative problem-solving
- Proven track record of success setting and achieving ambitious goals
- Exceptional communication and team-development skills
- Action-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Ready and excited to grow our business.
- Humble and willing to do whatever is needed to support the team
- BC/BE in Family or Internal Medicine
- Licensed in Arizona
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help withstress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long TermDisability Insurance
Supporting your medical career
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%.
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
- Rounds - Providers end patient care one hour early each week to participate in this shared learning experience
This is a full-time role based in Scottsdale, AZ.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.