The Office Manager functions as administrative support to the Branch Manager. Is responsible for day to day running of a branch office including supervision/preparation of invoicing, proposals, reports, collections, and accurate timesheets. The Office Manager is also responsible for human resource support at the branch level, branch recruiting support, purchasing and supervision of administrative personnel.
- Maintains office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications; maintains uniform correspondence procedures and style practices in accordance with company policies.
- Prepares invoices, proposals, and reports as needed.
- Prepares and/or coordinates monthly billing for branch.
- Tracks and verifies gasoline card expenditures and credit card expenses for branch personnel.
- Performs collection work for branch.
- Keeps records of personnel transactions such as timesheets, benefits, hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting. Forwards this documentation to corporate human resources for payroll and record-keeping purposes.
- Under the direction of corporate human resources, Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Oversees enrollment in benefit plans once employee becomes eligible.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions. Reviews clerical and personnel records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness. Maintains personnel records for branch..
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals. Ensures proper completion of new employee paperwork.
- Responds and/or investigates employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Coordinates activities of various clerical departments or workers within the branch.
- Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors.
- Organizes company functions / events / meetings
- Oversees the purchasing and distribution of office supplies.
- Follows safety procedures
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an office setting
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and clients
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Prior experience in a civil engineering firm
- Experience with billing/invoicing
- Experience with collections