About the role
This role is responsible for the office operations management of Swiss Re's Kansas City office at One Kansas City Place, Kansas City, Missouri. The Office Manager will directly manage the Swiss Re staff and oversee third party contractors in the office, including reception, mail services, food services and a day porter.
Responsibilities of position:
- Manage relationships with key internal clients, vendors and employees.
- Recruit, hire and develop office staff. Develop staff in procedures and duties and work with third party vendors regarding expectations of staff.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring of annual expenses of $4 million. Review all invoices for the office and ensure the timely payment. Key accountability for budgeting, forecasting and oversight of expenses for the office.
- Manage space allotments for each business unit within the office. Oversee moves, on boarding and off boarding within the workplace management tool (Insight).
- Manage all onsite health, safety and security for the office including managing fire and EAP drills, overseeing the maintenance of AED's and fire extinguishers and working on CPR and AED training.
- Manage site business continuity plans ensuring appropriate procedures are documented and staff is full trained.
- Oversee external vendors for document management, food service, security, cleaning, and all office maintenance including monitoring performance, accountability, deliverables and invoicing as defined by proposal and/or contract.
- Manage contractors for construction and infrastructure projects ensuring that works meets contract scope including all deadlines (project dates and budget).
- Prepare Global Management System reporting and complete audit requirements including ISO 14001 environmental reporting for the office.
- Manage green team meetings and initiatives for the office.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Annual Operations Survey results, % variance from budget, audit reports, office maintenance, contractor/vendor performance.
About the team
The Regional CRES team is a team of talented and motivated individuals based throughout the Americas. The team manages all Real Estate and Facilities operations and develops and provides professional solutions to our stakeholders at all levels of the organization. We are a trusted advisor and partner to ensure that high levels of service and standards are regularly exceeded. To achieve this we constantly engage with internal and external experts and leverage individual skills and knowledge across our team to inform business decisions.
This role is responsible for internal client relationships and the real estate operations management for the Kansas City location.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years facility or office management experience preferred with a track record in building employee relationships.
- Environmental experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of building leases preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Strong communications, verbal and written, required.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.