The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for managing and directing the clerical, administrative and secretarial staff through effective hiring, monitoring and coaching. In conjunction with Human Resources, includes necessary discipline action where needed up to and including termination.
2. Monitor, coordinate, and approve staffs' time off requests to ensure adequate coverage for all in the Madison Office; take a hands-on approach to provide support to attorneys and clients during emergency situations. Tracks time off in conjunction with Firm policies. Accurately monitors and reports staff time to payroll in a timely manner.
3. Establish secretarial assignments to create well-functioning teams with maximum efficiency; monitor and resolve issues that arise with support from Human Resources and Managing Partner.
4. Stay abreast of skills needed for the secretarial and support staff by interfacing regularly with staff and attorneys regarding areas of concern and success; continually monitor and evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities to ensure staff has tools to complete required tasks and meet performance expectations.
5. Monitor ratios and workloads to ensure adequate staffing levels to meet attorney and client demands. Through this analysis, work with Human Resources to recruit and select secretarial and administrative staff as needed. Organize and coordinate orientation and training of new staff members.
6. Timely complete the annual review process of staff: complete review forms, conduct reviews with staff and make recommendations for performance increases aligned with Firms standards.
1. Uphold, support and enforce Firm-wide policies and procedures. Identify insufficiencies and make recommendations as needed to Managing Partner, Human Resources or other Administrative Managers as appropriate. Ensure effective operations with regard to record keeping, reception, catering duties, and secretarial support for the Madison office.
2. Promote Madison Office initiatives, and communicate with Managing Partner about information and developments impacting the Madison Office
3. Approve payment of all general office-related accounts payable. Supervise office inventory control system. Reconcile firm credit card, petty cash and checkbook. Attend to banking deposits for Madison office. Assist with planning annual office budget.
4. Oversee the office filing and records system; ensure effective standards as well as security and confidentiality of information. Proactively monitor and manage storage of files including overflow or unregulated attorney's files.
5. Attend Madison Office shareholder and other meetings, as requested.
6. Plan and execute Madison Office holiday parties and otherevents and gatherings.
7. Offer administrative support to attorneys where needed.
8. Monitor office products and supplies as well as timely inventory and stocking.
9. Order floral and other arrangements as needed for special events such as births, hospitalizations, funeral services, etc.
10. Promote Madison Office morale and work to maintain/improve support staff job satisfaction.
C. IT Support
1. IT Liaison regarding Madison office technology and hardware needs.
2. Provide new hire and follow-up training for employees.
3. Secure and manage maintenance contracts for computer/hardware and other vendors.
4. Oversee roll-outs of software and other updates.
D. Marketing Support
1. Organize, participate in and lead Madison marketing events.
2. Oversee marketing for seminars, sponsorships and events. Collaborate with Marketing Department to develop Madison-specific events, and to promote Madison Office visibility and initiatives.
3. Proactively and directly interface with attorneys to develop specific marketing materials for their practice.
4. Coordinate the mass production of marketing materials with staff and outside vendors.
5. Stay abreast of new marketing tools and technology and proactively introduce and educate attorneys on how to bet utilize tools to improve their marketing footprint to develop new or increase current business.
E. Building/Facilities Management
1. Manage Madison office facilities including office space planning, coordination of work and issues with vendors and landlord as required. 2. Manage daily catering orders and oversee all catering functions.
3. Maintain and purchase supplies as needed.
F. Special Project Management
1. Effectively liaise with Human Resources, Marketing, IRC, IT, Accounting and other Department Administrative Directors as needed to provide overall operational activities of the office on an ongoing basis as well as during any unique or unusual situations to meet Firm standards. 2. Assist with additional projects that may come up from time to time.
3. Other duties as assigned.
Candidates should also exhibit the following qualifications and characteristics: