We are looking for a Office Manager for our Chattanooga, TN office!
Established in 1891, The L.E. Myers Co. is recognized as a premier electrical contractor of large utility construction projects across the nation.
Why should you apply to be a Office Manager for The L.E. Myers Co.?
Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our employees have excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance, a 401K and more! Salary is commensurate upon experience.
If you were to ask our employees across the country why they like working for The L.E. Myers Co, chances are they would say, "whether you are a seasoned industry veteran or just starting out in your career, there's a place for you at The L.E. Myers Co." This diversity at all levels of our organization is the formula that builds stronger teams.
L.E. Myers has completed hundreds of transmission and substation projects throughout the Midwest, East and Southeast ranging from 34.5kV through 765kV; and has experience installing a variety of structures ranging from 60' wood poles up to 400' steel lattice towers. L.E. Myers has performed all types of overhead and underground distribution, ranging from new developments to urban repair and rebuild projects; and possesses resources to perform storm and emergency restoration work throughout the nation. Our Tennessee operations will also work with foundations and nuclear plant environments.
What are you waiting for? Come build yourself with us!
The Office Manager is responsible for the daily over site, coordination, and administration of general business activities while assisting district management and managing administrative staff.
• Assist management with annual budgets and WIP reports
• Oversee district payroll accuracy
• Management and oversight of customer procurement card reconciliation
• Oversee and review weekly billing
• Oversee and review District Accounts Receivables & Account Payables
• Primary Point of Contact for Customer Accounting and Administrative concerns
• Coordinate / Supervise functions of assigned staff of between 3-5 administrators
• Advise staff of company policy expectations
• Lead, direct, and audit the work of assigned staff; act as a mentor
• Coordinate employee performance reviews
• Coordinate timely notifications of new hires and terminations to HR
• Process FMLA requirements for union personnel
• Manage assigned employee performance and conduct annual performance reviews
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Accounting/Finance, related field, or equivalent experience (5+ years' in a supervisory role)
• 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing or construction environment
• 10+ years general office administration experience
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively relate to employees at all levels
• Highly detail-oriented and focused
• Ability to think practically
• Excellent computer skills with experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications