The Office Manager is a key member of the office team, with critical responsibilities that enable the team and promote long-term engagement. This person holds responsibility for the office facility and operations in Scottsdale and will be the point of contact for the office in Portland. The Office Manager also helps develop and support company initiatives to enhance corporate culture and create a Great Place to Work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently manages the day-to-day operations of the office including federal and state safety and compliance, facility management, space planning, office communications, employee events, purchasing, establishing office standards and procedures, greeting visitors, answering main office telephone, opening mail, arranging outgoing shipments, responding to routine inquiries, maintaining office cleanliness and well stocked supplies, and equipment maintenance.
- Ensures that the office runs in a professional manner on daily basis by monitoring conference rooms, kitchen, and shared areas for cleanliness etc.
- Promotes a fun and friendly environment within the office, and ensures the team feels well cared for and supported.
- Mitigates risks by developing office safety programs, ensuring compliance with current laws.
- Manages vendors and budget related to office operations (e.g, cleaning services, pest control etc.)
- Maintains relationships with vendors and building management, maintenance and security.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and daily housekeeping of office facilities.
- Designs and implement office policies, and oversee adherence with a friendly and supportive demeanor
- Responsible for distributing building access keys and back-up to security access cards.
- Facilitates special food request for client meetings or employee events, including weekly team lunches, monthly birthday celebrations, and other meetings/events.
- May support Employer Brand initiative to create a Great Place to Work program by assisting with employee volunteer opportunities and office team building to promote the company culture.
- Helps channel employee feedback in a way that promotes positive change and supports Great Place to Work action plans.
- Supports workplace enhancement efforts based on employee feedback, business needs, and budget, and collaborates with regional resources to implement workplace changes.
- Process expense reporting as needed
- Responsible for executive administrative support as requested
- Some travel required
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors degree required.
- 5-8 years experience as an Office Manager in a fast-paced, high growth environment. Vendor and event management experiences a plus.
- Space planning and project management experience a must.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving with proactive, service-oriented approach required.