The Physical Therapy Private Practice Business Manager is responsible for coordinating and directing the non-clinical operations of the Clinic and ensuring that all duties are performed in a timely manner. The Business Manager is also responsible for ensuring that all administrative support to Clinical Director/Practice Owner and data entry functions are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Comprises of end to end management of practice helping the doctor streamline all aspects of medical office operations including billing, coding and collections, appointment scheduling, and medical records maintenance.
- Proficient with all aspects of data entry in operating systems as applicable, and Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Maintains office/branch manuals as needed; i.e. administrative binder.
- Responsible for the ordering of medical supplies and office supplies.
- Responsible for submitting invoices as per policy timelines.
- Performs technical billing audits per policy and follow-up with corrections.
- Responsible for clerical functions in agency related to filing, work flow, etc.
- Assures that all telephone traffic is managed in a professional, customer service oriented manner and is relayed to the appropriate people.
- Responsible for customer service training for clerical and administrative support staff.
- Participates in Performance Improvement Plan and processes.
- Responsible for completion and tracking of PAFs (personnel action forms) references, health screenings, criminal background checks, and drug screens for new hires and existing staff if applicable.
- Ensures completion and ongoing maintenance of HR/medical files for all Clinic's employees and contract staff. (Ex. Primary Source license verification)
- Responsible for coordination of Personal Emergency Response Program including but not limited to: scheduling, deployment, cleaning, inventory management, and training of staff.
- Responsible for the procurement of goods and services of the facility (ex. medical supplies, office supplies, and contracted services) within budgeted guidelines.
- Responsible for monthly inventory of medical supplies.
- Responsible for the annual distribution of physician satisfaction surveys.
- Responsible for the timely evaluation of clerical support staff in conjunction with the Clinical Director.
- Responsible for the day-to-day coordination, timely completion (reporting) and troubleshooting of all training and development activities i.e. new hire orientation, new to role training, and ongoing training and development
- Assumes an active role in the coordination, facilitation, tracking and reporting of professional development of staff, ongoing skill development, and other mentoring activities.
- Responsible for maintaining an office environment that fosters the professional growth and development of staff
- Responsible for proficiency in and timely completion of the Business Manager Task List.
- Coordinates outgoing and incoming mail for agency.
- Assists with administrative duties related to the Human Resources department, including expediting recruitment advertisements, processing applications, and maintaining misc. databases.
- Assists in the processing of paperwork related to injury and accident logs.
- Any other duties as assigned.