Office Manager/ Civil Engineering Team Leader/ Senior Project Manager/Mentor
MSA Professional Services’ roots reach back to the 1930s. Once a rural land survey company, our firm now consists of more than 350 engineers, architects, planners, funding experts, surveyors, GIS experts, landscape architects and environmental scientists. MSA excels at helping clients identify grant and funding sources and then delivering high quality, cost-effective solutions. Based in 16 offices across six states, our technical teams collaborate to assist communities throughout the United States. Our focus is to enable people to positively impact the lives of others by providing exceptional professional services that build strong communities where we live, work and play.
MSA was named one of the best firms to work for by Zweig Group. MSA offers a work environment that encourages innovation and new ideas by empowering our employees and continually providing them with opportunities to learn and grow as professionals. We want our employees’ experiences at MSA to transcend the average, every day, eight-hours-behind-a-desk work experience, and we achieve this through our depth of resources.
We are currently seeking a full-time Municipal Engineering Team Leader. If you are ready to take on a leadership role but are not able to within your current company structure this is the opportunity for you! This person will provide management of clients and projects as well as mentoring of current staff. You will have the opportunity to join our local team that has a track record of successfully completing a wide variety of municipal infrastructure projects for our large portfolio of clients.
- Project management including project planning, scoping, budgeting, contracting, design, and QA/QC
- Team management including mentoring, professional development of team, and managing workload of staff
- Client relations including council meetings with existing, targeted, and new clients
- Marketing including proposals, interviews, public involvement, and development of new municipal clients with the assistance of our business development and marketing teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering with 8 or more years of municipal water and wastewater experiencerequired
- Candidates with additional experience are encouraged to apply
- Prior experience with municipal engineering, client management, project management, and consulting required
- PE license required (Iowa PE would be preferred)
- Involvement in professional organizations and experience with project funding are preferred
- Prior experience with mentoring and managing a team or desire to step into that role
- We are looking for someone with to be a hands on manager with the ability to be a seller/doer
- The ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully working with municipal clients in the Des Moines area with the ability to present technical solutions to clients yet understands the importance of exceptional listening skills to create and maintain client relationships