Serves as administrative staff to the API Southeast Region Director and Associate Director. Assists in the administration of programs and activities relating to all aspects of the regional office operations.
- Provides administrative support to the API office in the region.
- Coordinates all matters pertaining to fiscal transactions and administrative matters in conformity with API policies and procedures. Works with the Region Director to manage the regional office budget and prepare financial reports, as required.
- Responsible for administrative duties such as filing, ordering of office supplies, answering telephone/taking messages, typing, and maintaining all office equipment.
- Knowledgeable about all operations of the office including activities and special reports.
- Ensures that work is completed and submitted on time.
- Understands state legislative processing routines and maintains liaison with various legislative offices as required obtaining needed information and copies of bills.
- Maintains legislative data base and keeps current during legislative session.
- Monitors key legislative and regulatory meetings
- Assists with the production of the weekly report
- Sees that all committee rosters and mailing lists are kept up-to-date and others are notified of any changes.
- Assist with staffing various events.
- Works closely with the Executive Director and Associate Director in the day-to-day operation of the API Regional Office. Works closely with the Region Director to ensure that the appropriate support is provided.
- Develops relationships with member company representatives on the Region Working Group to ensure they have the information they need and a POC in the absence of the Region or Associate Director
- Requires 6-8 years of experience in a similar role and subject matter expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant area, or other related field equivalent work experience. Some positions may only require an Associates degree/technical diploma, or other related field equivalent work experience.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of API policies, practices, and procedures.
- Strong communications and writing skills are highly desirable
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Capable of lifting up to 20lbs on occasion.