SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With more than 34 offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
This is a great opportunity to lead an experienced, well-respected, dynamic team and to develop new business opportunities for this established office.
What you will accomplish
- Working knowledge of natural and/or cultural resources and markets in the Pima County and southern Arizona area.
- Demonstrated experience in developing new business and leading major proposal efforts.
- Assist with SWCA’s Southwest Region business development goals and objectives.
- Manage projects and milestones within schedule and budget expectations.
- Supervise, direct, and instruct subcontractors, technical staff, fieldwork, and written deliverables as required.
- Coordinate with clients, take initiative and problem-solve.
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to natural and/or cultural resources.
- Good understanding of financial principles, experience with contributing to and implementing a business plan.
- Allocate company resources, including personnel, vehicles, supplies and equipment.
- Maintain a collaborative work environment between SWCA offices, staff, subcontractors, and clients.
- Conduct employee performance reviews and provide mentoring and coaching to staff.
- Host and coordinate staff meetings as appropriate.
Experience and qualifications for success
- M.S./M.A. in environmental planning, science, archaeology, biology, or a related field desired; candidates with a B.S./B.A. with equivalent experience will be considered
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in natural or cultural resource project management, planning, science, or a related field
- Proven success of leading a team of professional environmental consultants
- Excellent oral and written communication skills