$80K — $100K *
ByteDance is a technology company operating a range of content platforms that inform, educate, entertain and inspire people across languages, cultures and geographies. As ByteDance continues to take the world by storm, attract the best talent, and offer build the greatest last mile logistics platform, we need to make sure that we are providing state of the art resources for our team to work. ByteDance has offices spread across the globe and we have plans to grow, expand and upgrade every single one of those locations but we need someone with a technical background to lead that effort. This will be a very fast paced role and priorities can change at a moments notice so the ability to adapt and run concurrent projects all while planning future projects is an absolute must. This position will require domestic and international travel.
The ideal candidate will be experienced coordinating multiple complex office build and expansion projects in a fast growth environment. To be successful in this role, you will have had significant previous experience in similar roles in and a track record of efficient execution. This role is hands-on and will require the ability to balance project management and technical execution. This position is permanent and will be based in Mountain View.
- Coordinate ByteDance's office build and expansion projects with office team, external vendors, and the Systems and Network team to manage the deployment of IT infrastructure in all new and expanding ByteDance's offices
- Coordinate the details of design, planning, sourcing, and delivery of services and hardware for parallel office builds and expansion projects. Communicate timelines, roadblocks, and set expectations with all stakeholders
- Plan, coordinate, install, and troubleshoot IT equipment in new offices; including, but not limited to cooling, power, network equipment, Internet circuits, printers, phones, video conferencing, and other IT infrastructure
- Document and refine relevant technical standards, align on standard process with internal stakeholders, communicate roles and responsibilities, and continuously evolve and improve the office build process over time
- 5+ years of experience in project management related to office build and expansion
- Demonstrated delivery capability for office build projects including network, Wireless, AV, buildout
- Knowledge of structured cabling and construction design and planning process
- Construction background or demonstrated ability to interact with complex construction teams with no learning curve
- Significant project and portfolio management skills.
- Significant vendor management skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineer, or equivalent experience.
- Able to travel as needed to locations for walkthroughs and installations
- Expereince with LED Video Wall Display Installation
- PMP and/or Certified Associate in Project Management
- Experience with CAD
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English
Valid through: 9/21/2021