Based at Austin, TX Headquarters this position reports to the CFO and is responsible for the day-to-day and long-term operation and maintenance of Spredfast Headquarters in Austin and all other sateliite offices. The largest two offices outside of Austin are in New York City and London. The Office and Facilities Director will manage the day-to-day facility operations; prepare and manage facility budgets, space and personnel resources; serve as facility risk manager; develop and implement facility risk management policies and procedures along with business continuity planning and develop and implement emergency response protocols. The Office and Facilities Director will be the point of contact for all Health and Safety issues and ensure compliance with all local regulations. This person must demonstrate an ability to standardize processes and manage suppliers, consultants, vendors and staff to execute work activities, manage projects and programs. The successful candidate will possess excellent negotiation skills and be a team leader. The Office and Facilities Director must apply expert knowledge and understanding of all interdependencies between our business needs and the technical functional requirements.
- Oversee the day-to-day delivery of facilities services for Austin, New York, London and Australia and manage business operations within budget
- Manage all facilities processes, policies and procedures (e. g. space planning, furniture changes, preventative maintenance, etc.)
- Liaise with property managers, building engineers and security personnel for leased and virtual offices
- Work with business units to align facilities with business goals and drivers
- Collaborate with finance to prepare annual budgets inclusive of capital and non-capital projects
- Cooperate with IT to design, maintain and update contingency plans to provide facilities with rapid recovery from electrical or mechanical failures with minimal interruption to operations
- Partner with HR on health and safety programs that provide employees with a safe and healthy work environment
- Establish and maintain policies, procedures and systems for efficient use of utility services to maintain operations and control costs
- Drive innovative initiatives for emerging technologies that enhance the work environment and employee experience
- 5+ years’ experience in office management.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline preferred
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands
- Knowledge and ability to support a 24/7 business is required
- Demonstrated experience managing a 50K sq ft or larger office build out and move for a technology or services company
- Working knowledge of real estate functions (space planning, lease transactions, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in contract management and enforcement
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate across groups and build virtual teams
- Self-motivated and directed, requiring minimal supervision
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to set clear expectations and hold people accountable to those expectations.