AB is a leading global investment management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the world. AB employs more than 500 investment professionals with expertise in growth equities, value equities, fixed income securities, blend strategies, and alternative investments, and, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, operates in more than 20 countries. AB's research disciplines include fundamental research, quantitative research, economic research and currency forecasting capabilities. Through its integrated global platform, AB is well-positioned to tailor investment solutions for its clients. AB also offers independent research, portfolio strategy and brokerage-related services to institutional investors.
IT Group Description:
Provide a brief overview of the IT group, including the core businesses and business functions and applications the group supports, or, if an enterprise-servicing group, what enterprise functions and applications it supports.
The Corporate Technology Services (CTS) organization is responsible for AB's end user technology, workplace technology and corporate systems. CTS is a face-to-face client focused organization that works closely with all IT counterparts, as well as the business to deliver enterprise wide products, services and support. Teams within CTS include End User Technology, the IT Service Desk, Service Delivery Management, Corporate Financial Systems, Corporate Systems, Audio Visual Services, IT Product Management and Technology User Experience. CTS is a global organization of 150+ members located across 15+ AB offices and reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
IT Product Management
The Product Management team bridges gaps between engineering teams, development groups, vendors and the service and support teams to help to design, develop, manage, administer and support enterprise technology across the AB organization. This includes helping to define the strategy, roadmap, and features of certain enterprise technology products, as well as leading cross-functional teams from a product's conception through to its launch.
Product Managers are responsible for managing all aspects of a technology product lifecycle, including strategy and planning, requirements and feedback gathering, facilitation of engineering and development efforts, product release and deployments, information security and user access, creating product documentation and training end-users, and providing end-user support.
IT Job Description:
We are seeking a Nashville based Microsoft Office 365 Analyst/Engineer or Senior Business Analyst / Product Manager to join our IT Product Management Team in Corporate Technology Services.
Describe the role:
Business Analysts support Product Managers in their efforts managing enterprise technology and leading cross-functional teams from a product's conception through to its launch and business-as-usual (BAU) support. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping to manage, administer and support enterprise technology across the AB organization, including helping to define the strategy, roadmap, and features of certain enterprise technology products. The position will partner with AB's other IT Product Managers and will liaise between the business users and AB's engineering teams, development groups, vendors and service and support teams.
Describe the applications and business or enterprise functions the role supports:
The management, support and enhancement of all File Management & Productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365 suite of applications and Box.
AllianceBernstein is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.
- Serve as the technical lead and subject matter expert on SharePoint projects and issues, with accountability for the outcome of those projects and issues
- Assist with migrating all SharePoint sites from SharePoint on-premise to SharePoint online through various migration methods (Cutover, Staged, Hybrid)
- Design, implementation and support of Microsoft SharePoint solutions
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance on SharePoint software application issues
- Help to manage File Management & Productivity technologies and applications, coordinate and track various tasks and activities related to their ongoing management and projects related to their modification and enhancement. Effectively create and manage project plans, track key milestones and create all required project documentation and status reporting.
- Assist with setting product vision and strategy by helping to articulate the business value and understand the intent behind a new products or product releases. Work with engineering, developers and service providers to build or deliver the appropriate solution.
- Assist with defining the features necessary to deliver a complete product and lead the teams to success, including requirements gathering from business and IT users including all relevant documentation (mockups, flow diagrams, data dictionaries, etc.) and execution of tasks required to deliver IT solutions,
- Assist with testing products and soliciting user feedback first hand; ensure that key feedback and requests are captured and seamlessly integrated into the product planning and development processes.
- Assist with the release of products and managing releases with phases and milestones, including all aspects of end-user communications and preparing the support and service teams with all information necessary.
- Support the troubleshooting process of enterprise technology to ensure the high availability and quality of user experience by assisting with problem determination and resolution and acting as a second and third level support for incident and problem management. Work closely with both our Service Desk and engineering teams to ensure the adequate support of AB enterprise applications. Handle multiple issues from multiple users and prioritize in terms of criticality, which to focus and resolve first.
- Develop analytics to measure and report product usage and KPIs, develop dashboards and reports to present these metrics, and assist with initiatives to drive user adoption through the creation of training programs, reference materials, communications.
- Create, maintain and enhance team applications and tools that support CTS operations and make the team more efficient.
- Run cross-functional working group and governance meetings and build strong and effective working relationships with our counterparts across the Technology and Operations organization, including engineering and development.
- Perform project management duties through the entire System Development Life Cycle (SDLC); plan and execute projects collaboratively with engineering, development and business user teams.
- Serve as the technical lead and subject matter expert with regard to enterprise technology projects and issues, with accountability for the outcome of those projects and issues
What is the professional development value of this role?
The candidate will have the opportunity of interfacing and collaborating with technology and business teams from across the firm, expand upon a foundation of technical competence, participate in determining the strategic technology direction for Product Management and AB, and grow as a leader.
- 5-10 years' work experience supporting enterprise applications and/or implementing enterprise technologies and delivering technological change to large enterprises
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 tools and technologies (OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint, Groups, etc.) and Ability to support and administer Microsoft Office 365 tools and technologies (OneDrive, Teams, SharePoint, Groups, etc.)
- Proven experience in supporting Office 365 as well as building, maintaining and supporting Microsoft SharePoint sites
- Proven ability to customize SharePoint sites using web parts, lists, libraries (along with other techniques) to disseminate information internally and/or externally to stakeholders
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience troubleshooting challenges faced by Office 365/SharePoint users
- Experience with, and knowledge of, Windows 7/10, Mac and iOS operating systems
- Consulting experience with large scale migrations to Microsoft Office 365/SharePoint a plus
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities with a hands-on approach
- Strong business acumen, technical aptitude as well as project management, documentation and communication skills
- Ability to work with technical teams (developers, architects, infrastructure), business partners and software vendors to document and implement system changes; ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly; Ability to communicate technically complex IT concepts to business clients
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent team player with a proven background of individual contribution
- Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems preferred
- Experience migrating SharePoint on-premise/hosted to SharePoint online through various migration methods (Cutover, Staged, Hybrid) preferred
- Consulting experience with large scale migrations to Microsoft Office 365/SharePoint preferred
- Microsoft certification highly desirable
- Experience in the Asset Management industry including familiarity with buy-side investment management process is a plus
- Power BI experience/expertise and knowledge of SQL a plus.