Office 365 Engineering Consultant
We are looking for Office 365 Engineering Consultant for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: Office 365 Engineering Consultant
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- This position will provide business units with toolsets, technology and knowledge (based on Office 365) to boost their collaboration and productivity.
- The primary objective for this candidate is to help drive user adoption of O365 across all of the business units at our agency.
- The goal of this initiative is to increase user productivity and improve agency administrative paper processes by leveraging technology, specifically Office 365 and all of its features, meet Statutes for Records Management, Open Record Requests, E-Discovery, and provide senior management and specific divisions Business Intelligence for agency data.
- This resource should have advanced knowledge of the Office 365 suite of apps (SharePoint, Skype, OneDrive, O365 Groups, Planner, Teams, OneNote, AZURE AD, project sites, BI sites) and strong communication skills with a consultative approach/background to conduct discovery sessions, assess options, set expectations, and implement the solution under the guidance of the Director of IT Infrastructure.
- Designs, plans, manages, and performs implementation of O365 services
- Consult, manage, design, and perform migration of WSS 3.0 to SharePoint 365
- Manage Email security utilizing a combination of Office 365 and Barracuda for DLP, AV, phishing, content checks, url checks.
- Responsible for leadership and delivery of project based assignments that encompass system architecture, proof-of-concept and deployment services
- Perform system reviews of client telephony environments for conferencing mobile device management and prepare findings documents outlining short and long-term strategies
- Work closely with Director of IT Infrastructure to facilitate and lead configuration planning meetings
- Articulate pros & cons of design/architecture decisions across a wide spectrum of factors - e.g. usability, security, and compliance.
- Responsible for end user training and materials for services provided from Office 365
- Implement video conferencing solution with Skype for business with internal and external customers
- Conduct discovery sessions with the business unit stakeholders and identify the “quick wins” that can be delivered
- Assist in creation and delivery of the Acceptable User Policies surrounding 365 services
- Design secure solution for moving program data from on premise locations and applications to Office 365 for dashboards and business intelligence.
- Create workflows, applications, lists as needed.
- Experience in interacting with and presenting to Executive Leadership
- Design and implementation experience with Skype for Business Online
- Ability to lead and deliver successful O365 adoption projects
- Analytical, Project Management and Organizational skills are a must
- O365 end user training experience is a huge plus
- Extensive knowledge of O365 processes and best practices
- Proven design, planning and implementation experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013 and Active Directory
- Deep knowledge of O365 features, and ability to identify most optimal way to achieve business goals using OOTB (Out of the Box) functionality
- Excellent analytical ability to map business process into O365 functionality
- Experience in coordinating with multiple cross functional teams (technical, business, HR, Org Change management)
- Past experience in a consulting environment
- Experience in providing project scope, timeline and estimates are required
- Migration, troubleshooting, design, and system delivery experience
- Powershell experience
- Office 365 security, governance, compliance, discovery and encryption experience
- Email DLP, protection, and managing traffic flow
- Extensive Office 365 Sharepoint planning, design, and implementation
- MDM access restrictions
- Understanding of Office 365 Education for Faculty and licenses.
- Proven experience with documenting current and proposed Exchange and AD environments including: Visio Diagrams, As-Built documents, Recommendations for solutions, Run books
- Excellent grammar and spelling in written communication, excellent verbal communication skills, excellent listening skills, must have proven organizational skills
- Microsoft MVP award in Exchange or Office 365 is desired; otherpreferred training or certifications include: Exchange Ranger training, Microsoft Certified Architect, Office 365 MCSA, MCSE: Messaging, MCM Exchange
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology field.