Grand Rapids, MI
5 - 7 years
Posted 31 days ago
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 Aviation Products Division (L3 APD), is a leading provider of commercial and military avionics with unsurpassed performance, quality and customer support. L3 APD manufactures a diverse line of safety- and efficiency-enhancing products that set the standard for next-generation requirements, including configurable voice and data recorders, collision avoidance systems, navigation products, display systems and processors.
The OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Support Specialist is responsible for providing world-class support to commercial aircraft manufacturers. As a key member of our Customer Support organization, the individual represents L3 Aviation Products by managing key service relationships with L3 APD's OEM customers in support of their service operations for all L3 APD products. This person represents the “voice of the customer” within the APD organization and ensures compliance with the Product Support Agreements. These responsibilities can have a significant influence on customer satisfaction, our organization's reputation, costs and future sales.
· Responsible for all in-service activity related to the commercial original equipment manufacturers; Airbus, Boeing, Embraer, ATR and Bombardier.
· Manage compliance with product support agreements; PSAA, SSC and PSA.
· Manage key performance indicators linked to OEM customer services organizations
· Manage OEM ratings and develop action plans to continuously improve position
· Creating and growing relationships with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and their Service Centers.
· Plan and execute entry-into-service of new product and programs
· Represent customer support in the development of new programs including ILS (Integrated Logistics Support).
· Establish and manage communication protocols between OEM customer services organizations and L3 APD
· Providing onsite service support and reviews with assigned OEMs.
· Identify and document customer account needs, gaps and requirements clearly and effectively, and communicate those the L3 Aviation Products team
· Identify potential opportunities within our OEM customers for added services and contribute to the growth of the overall L3 service offering.
· Work closely with associated teams to support ERP, CRM and other tools enhancements or implementation.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, preferably with a focus towards aviation systems technologies)
· 5-8 years account management and/or service-related support experience in either of the following areas: Aviation Engineering, Aircraft Maintenance, Dispatch, Product and Sales Brokerage, Aviation Management, Aircraft Program Deployments, MRO Operations or Field Service/Technical Support
· Expertise with aviation products and systems including, but not limited to, data and voice recorders, SATCOM systems, displays, MCDUs, instruments, Traffic / Terrain collision avoidance systems, Mode S transponders, etc.
· Commercial aviation experience in one or more of the following areas: engineer, aircraft maintenance, dispatch, product sales/brokerage, aviation management, aircraft program deployments, MRO operations, or related field/position
· Motivated self-starter with problem-solving talent and ability to work independently
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to prepare and present reports and briefings in a clear and concise manner to internal and external customers
· Detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to work on multiple customer accounts and activities simultaneously
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Tools)
· Strong technical writing skills
· Ability to work well in dynamic environment and to anticipate and mitigate problems
· Strong customer conflict resolution skills
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.