OEM Regional Sales Engineer
KNF Neuberger - Trenton, NJ
KNF develops, produces, and distributes high-quality diaphragm pumps and systems for gases, vapors, and liquids. They are available as built-in pumps for OEM use as well as for process applications and laboratory use. The independent KNF Group comprises of 16 companies and five production sites worldwide.
This position is responsible for achieving KNF’s OEM Division sales goals within the assigned region by focusing on the management of existing customers, development of new opportunities, furthering strategic OEM markets, and developing strong and rewarding internal and external customer relationships in the spirit of Leitbild.
This position functions as the principal relationship manager to the customers in the assigned region by aligning customers’ needs with KNF’s product and applications engineering, customer service, and marketing efforts.
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions with some supervision or guidance.
- Achieve sales objectives and regional management metrics, and provide accurate regional forecasting, as these are the primary measures of overall success
- Identify new product applications at existing and new customers - which typically are OEMs, End Users, Contract Manufacturers, and Value Add Resellers
- Prepare and deliver on-site presentations and written proposals
- Assess the technical challenges the customer is trying to achieve or overcome
- Ask the right questions to convey understanding and gain credibility as a subject matter expert to achieve bid opportunities, present solutions, and gain commitments from the customer
- Continually refine excellent technical knowledge of KNF products and capabilities – product specifications, applications, modifications, and troubleshooting – as the customer will depend on you rather than engineering to present proprietary customer solutions
- Manage (communicate to) the technical, purchasing, service, quality, and management functions of our customers, recognizing their parallel and important roles in securing new projects
- Manage multiple projects which may have anywhere from a 3- to 18- month development cycle
- Communicate requirements to internal teams (Production, Product Engineering, Customer Service, Marketing, Quality, etc.) to establish clear expectations for success, while remaining aware of other’s work priorities
- Efficient trip planning and effective visit preparation skills
- Complete effective and timely sales call reporting to aid in market analysis, new product development, and pricing strategies
- Cooperate with teammates both in and outside the Sales department
- Represent KNF at trade shows and conferences
- Acts in accordance with company policies and cultural programs (LEITBILD and The KNF Way)
- Travel up to 30%, including trip planning
Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Engineering with experience involving electro-mechanical devices, fluidics, vacuum, pressure, and small motors is highly desirable
- 2+ years of experienceselling engineered products
- Must have a valid driver's license, as travel to customer locations will be necessary
- Proficiency in key MS Office programs is required (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with SAP in an industrial/manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Efficiently organizes and manages multiple priorities
- Organized, process-oriented, collaborative, strong multi-tasker, internally motivated, action-oriented, and results-driven
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exhibits high attention to detail and exercises sound judgment in decision-making
- Demonstrates organized work habits
- Willing to participate and/or be supportive of other team members and teams
- Participates actively in meetings in a supportive and positive manner
- Actively seeks opportunities for improvements, makes recommendations and takes appropriate actions to create change
This position has no direct reports.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a temperature controlled office environment. When visiting the production floor, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts with a limited exposure to potential electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment fluctuates between quiet (office) and moderate (production floor) due to pneumatic gun/equipment use.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. General business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm, however, there must be flexibility to work above and beyond these hours to finish work or when necessary.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- selling engineered products: 2 years
- selling to OEMs: 2 years
- Sales Engineering: 2 years
- electro-mechanical devices, fluidics, vacuum, or pressure: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License