At Blount, we are driven by a mission to help pros power through the toughest jobs, and we hold fast to our core values of innovation, humble leadership, global stewardship and accountability. These values inspire us to keep growing, learning and working hard to shape the landscapes in our communities in positive ways. Together, we seek to make the world a better place by offering the best brands and products of professional-grade precision cutting tools and equipment for global-end business segments.
What you’ll do:
- Support sales team with contract negotiations through collaboration with corporate legal team. Liaise with functional areas for input: Logistics, PS&C, Finance, Engineering).
- Managing Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), including coordinating with product line managers, Engineering and compliance to get production samples, Part Submission Warrant (PSW) / Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR) documentation and OEM drawings.
- New Product Introduction (NPI): support sales team to ensure the necessary data is provided in full to product teams through request forms. Also, work with product management to develop specific OEM sales support material. Develop pricing and feature strategies in coordination with marketing to support the product launches to OEMs. Support the sales team with interactions with the customers on an as needed basis. Coordinate product testing and report out with the lab and sales team.
- Support planning and forecasting needs by providing regular global input on OEM demand trends. Support allocation process when needed according to strategic growth goals.
- Handle quality claims. Populate and develop resolution plan with the customer in a timely manner.
- Coordinate OEM customer communication globally with the sales team, including price increase notifications and justifications, product discontinuations, plant change notification, production capacity information etc.
- Support and coordinate OEM technical trainings with Sales, Technical Services, and Marketing.
- Coordinate and support OEM customer visits with Technical Services, Marketing, and Engineering.
- Central point of contact to provide the necessary compliance data and certificates/declaration to support OEM’s compliance needs.
- Maintain OEM archive: track and record all the agreements in place with all OEMs; pricing agreements, NDA, JDA.
- Conduct weekly calls with regional OEM teams worldwide to follow up on and address technical, quality, and customer service issues.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline preferred
- 7+ years of experience in a global manufacturing environment, preferably in product line management, channel marketing, sales support or related discipline
- Prior experience supporting a mechanical or technical product offering
- Proven examples of project management responsibility in a cross-functional team dynamic
- Prior experience creating PowerPoint presentations for both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with legal teams and supporting corporate agreements/documentation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with exceptional skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and preferably prior experience using SAP (ERP system)
- Available to work on site as required by job; eligible for domestic and international travel several times per year up to two weeks’ duration, as needed