The OEM Business Development Consultant will play a critical role in managing the executive level and sales relationships of our PACs OEM Access Control accounts. Knowledge of product management, sales, and pricing are critical. Individual will interact with the Allegion field sales team to ensure sales strategies are executed successfully.
Provide strategy and leadership in the Electronic Sales market by engaging our integration sales teams, product management, marketing teams, and internal organization. Develop business plans, sales and communications strategies to address OEM needs and create new opportunities.
- Develop and maintain segmented business plans, strategy, and the sales books (ESEs execute in the market) for each PACs OEM Access Control account.
- Coordinate with OEM partners the integration to Allegion Products
- Advise channel customers on product mix, applications, and promotions that meet their needs. Suggest possible new products and adaptations for product and/or system applications.
- Support business partner initiatives to maximize sales results. Coordinate with business partners to create demand, develop/execute strategy, and successfully close orders. Participate in joint sales calls and training, attend local, regional and/or national trade shows as plans dictate
- Maintain and utilize CRM tool for sales reporting and to communicate sales activities
- Responsible to coordinate with the local sales office to ensure consistent communication and cooperative team selling
- Develop advocates within the enterprise to support growth efforts, support, delivery, innovation and expansion. Develop and maintain relationships with internal customers (including marketing, engineering, customer and technical services, and operations)
- Ensure proper customers and partners are adequately trained on new and existing products
- Maintain awareness of all Allegion policies, guidelines, and procedures and ensure compliance
- Identify emerging market opportunities with new and existing partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, or technical field required
- 7+ years Security Sales Experience
- Strong communication and relationship management skills, including the ability to interface with multiple levels and functions within customer organizations
- Strong influence and collaboration skills, including demonstrated ability to work effectively and leverage resources across multiple functions and geographies
- Understanding of operations and project management constraints as well as financial acumen
- Proficiency with CRM and estimation tools such as Siebel
- Knowledge of the security industry is required
Thorough working knowledge of mechanical and electronic solutions
Proficient w/ MS Office tools
Ability to learn industry specific software
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills essential along with a bias for action
- Ability to travel 50%