Immediate opening. Any interest?
We have been retained by a leading business general contractor with the ingenuity and imagination to design, build and drive our nation’s future.
We are looking for the best and brightest for aOCS Project Engineer position in San Mateo, CA. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, the compensation and quality of life.
Is this you???
OCS Project Engineer
The primary role of the OCS Project Engineer is to assist the OCS Manager and Construction Manager with the planning and daily execution of the construction project. Responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project scheduleas assigned by the OCS Manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, maintaining schedules and budgets. Manage a team of OCS field Engineers and CAD operators to assist in the project delivery.
Project Financial Responsibilities
- Assists project management by proactively managing the project budget by controlling expenses, administering owner and subcontractor billings, identifying work not covered by subcontractor’s scope of work/budget and ensuring the success of office support functions related to the overall cost and scheduled completion.
- Establish procedures for controlling contract drawings.
- Initiates set-up of the job management system.
- Assists with the scopes of work, bid package development and help solicit subcontractors and suppliers.
- Initiates the building permit process.
- Take control of constructability reviews and ensure comments get to the designers in the allocated time frame.
- Attend discipline and project meetings as needed.
Project Administration, Coordination and Close-out
- Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
- Conducts preconstruction meetings with subcontractors, assisted by the OCS Manager and/or Superintendent.
- Serves as the onsite quality manager for assigned trades by verifying subcontractor deliveries meet approved submittal requirements.
- Attends and participates in meetings with Architect/Engineer and owner representatives, provides information and assists the OCS Manager in the preparation of progress reports/meeting minutes.
- Distributes proposal change documents to subcontractors/suppliers and assists in collecting pricing and/or prepares change proposal requests for internal pricing review.
- Ensures all clarifications, changes, directives, RFIs, etc., are updated on the “as-built” drawings and are fully coordinated with company supervision and all subcontractor/suppliers.
- Responsible for submitting owner required close-out documents and assisting subcontractors /suppliers in scheduling owner required training and documentation.
B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position. 5 to 10 years’ of OCS constructionexperiencepreferred. Rail constructionexperience a plus. Internship(s) or Co-ops with a construction company is desired.
- Organizes people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
- Makes decisions under tight deadlines, sometimes with incomplete information.
- Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and make necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
- Acts in a manner of integrity that demonstrates support for the company values and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook). CAD and Primavera a plus.
- Salary position
- Benefits: medical, vision and dental
- 401K Plan with Employer Contribution
- Vacation and Sick leave
Our client is an EEO/AAP employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and they promote a drug free workplace and utilizes the government’s E-Verify process.”