We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA's first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
Bell, Textron Inc. utilizes, Dassault Systems' ENOVIA & CATIA V6 for Product Lifecycle Management, Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing. Bell is standing up a team to support replacing the current systems with the 3DExperience Platform. The selected candidate will provide leadership and technical expertise for the suite of applications used by Bell to enable the Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) business processes. As a technical expert in 3D Experience (PLM) solution, CAD/CAM, SAP, Manufacturing Planning Systems synchronization, this position will scope enterprise policies, provide instruction, and champion cohesive business requirements and software capabilities into an optimized toolset and PLM roadmap. This role will ensure that the employees are trained with competence and compliance to Bell's standards and procedures. The successful candidate will be part of building/managing a 3DExperience Training team. Responsibilities:
- Interact with technical experts to design course content.
- Develop web-based training material for all Bell CATIA and related DELMIA, ENOVIA and SIMULIA methodologies.
- Develop and deliver classroom instructor led training (ILT) for Bell 3D Experience process methodologies.
- Continue evaluating and revising training with internal and external team members to ensure training success.
- Coordinate with cross-functional team to develop and deliver training
- Develop methods and best practices for Bell's 3DExperience upgrade related to CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA and SIMULIA tool set to assist the design/manufacturing teams from conceptual design through finished components
- Provide end user mentoring, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Software knowledge and capabilities:
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Mathematics, Physics, or related)
- Development and delivery of classroom-based Instructor Led Training of CATIA V6 (3DExperience preferred)
- Experience with modern technical training delivery systems
- At least 10 years' experience in design, manufacturing and support of CATIA (aerospace preferably)
- At least 5 years training experience
- Highly proficient in the CATIA Toolsets preferably in 3DExperience:
- Part Design & Sketcher
- Assembly Design
- Generative Shape Design (GSD)
- 3D Tolerancing and Annotation
- Highly proficient in the DELMIA toolsets preferably in 3DExperience:
- Machining - Computer Numeric Control (CNC) coding for machine components and/or ply cutting
- Process Planning
- Familiarity in any of the following applications a plus:
- Aerospace Sheet metal
- CATIA Composite
- Electrical Design
- Piping and Tubing
- NC Prismatic and Turning
- NC Multi-Axis Milling and Turning
- NC Machine Code Validation
- CATIA Composer
- ENOVIA V6 (3DExperience)
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, organization and planning skills.
- Good written, communication and analytical/logical skills
- Comfortable presenting in front of small and larger audiences.
- Ability to adapt to new learning strategies or materials.
- Enthusiasm for learning new things while inspiring others to do the same.
- Strong business acumen, high energy, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of and experience in all aspects of design and aerospace industry practices.
- Desire to research and implement new methods to improve design and manufacturing processes.
- Initiative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Can manage multiple priorities, multitask, meets deadlines, and prioritize requests.
Don't miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.