Ocean Export Coordinator
Less than 5 years experience • Transportation Services
Description: Ocean Export Coordinator works with our clients to ensure their products reach their export destination in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, Export Compliance, ISO Standards, and destination country regulations.
- Duties Include:
Coordinate export shipments from booking to delivery, including container loading/unloading and transportation
- Prepare Export Documentation and transmit to appropriate government agencies
- Transmit shipping instructions to steamship lines
- Pay or arrange for payment of freight, insurance fees, and other charges.
- Track and trace shipments
- Communicate and follow up with customers regarding complaints, questions, and other special instructions
- Prepare customer invoicing and billing, ensuring rates applied meet FMC Rules
- Data Entry and other duties as required and assigned
Requirements: The successful candidate must have two years of freight forwarding or related experience and knowledge of export documentation and regulatory requirements. Experience with Enterprise/Cargowise is desired.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated with strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting short deadlines. Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with our clients and other industry professionals. Must have a fluent working knowledge of Microsoft office and other computer applications.