Occupational Therapist - Center for Autism - Days
Join Catherine Lord, Ph.D., an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder, and the clinical team at NewYork Presbyterian's Center for Autism and the Developing Brain (CADB). Situated on the 200+ acre campus of NYP/Westchester Division, CADB transforms the way patients with ASD and their families access therapeutic services, offering comprehensive healthcare to children and adults including providing ABA, Early Intervention, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy. It’s a progressive environment—and a premier opportunity for your career.
Thrive in this hands-on role, working with children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Perform occupational therapy evaluations to assess motor, sensory, perceptual and cognitive functions. Provide therapy in a classroom setting for early intervention clients. Deliver individual and group therapies for children and adults. Work with patients/families and staff members to implement services while coordinating care plans. Regularly evaluate patient outcomes, and identify and address opportunities for improvement.
This position works Monday through Friday and one evening and one weekend per month.
- Experience working with patients on the Autism Spectrum
- Experience in early intervention program
- Experience in providing feeding therapy
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) Certification
- Experience 1 - 3 Years working with young children
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college or university
- New York State Occupational Therapist License within one year of hire